Visual hallucinations of written words

Well, good job holding down a full time job bud! I admire you.

1 Like

Thanks. Its good that you work alot of hours a week as well. You should be proud

my job is pretty easy so, itā€™s not a big deal. Road work sounds hard! Dealing with the weather and stuffā€¦does it get really hot there and really cold?

Yeah gets really hot and cold during summer and winter :egg:

You are a strong man Bruce/Brett :wink:

1 Like

Got exactly those kinds of messages during my psychotic episode. Was actually really interesting to see what would be written next.

I got numbers written too - the voices would tell me that Iā€™m under training to be a psychotherapist and had to walk around at the speed of the number that popped up to train me to be detached from the other person with whom Iā€™d be working with. 1 meant really slow and 5 meant fast, people were probably wondering why Iā€™m walking across the street so slowly when 1 was shown and then suddenly speeding up.

1 Like

Sometimes Iā€™d see floating wordsā€¦

The worst for me is reading what isnā€™t thereā€¦ so then I go searching for things that arenā€™t written.

I swear my brain just makes it up as I try to read. Then I have to slow down and re-read.

I saw the word ā€œGOā€ written with a single strand of hair on the bathroom sink.
Didnā€™t make much sense to me as I had just ā€œgoneā€ and was on my way out.
Did take a picture or two of it naturally.

1 Like

Just to clarify, took a pic or two of the hair that formed the word ā€œGOā€,
nothing else.

I understand about trying to read things that arenā€™t written. I used to have that too, that it would appear as if text was swimming or undulating and I couldnā€™t make it out. And then Iā€™d speculate, was it this, or that?

But since Iā€™ve been doing the brain training memory exercises I have been getting much better visual recall of dreams. Some long epic dream sequences. And some interesting hypnogogic ones including written messages.

I used to see written words trailing in space with gold sparkles following them. I couldnā€™t really make out what they were but they would happen for months anytime I closed my eyes whether it was morning day or night

For a long time when I read books or anything written in a book or on a computer, words would change on me like thought insertion but visually. Then Iā€™d go back and it was different words.
Doesnā€™t happen anymore though really

I get text messages in my head, I know they are texts because I can see who they came from. Pretty rare on meds though.

I used to see white space with a foreign language that looks a lot like the Hittite language

I donā€™t know if I ever have had this before but
today I saw floating in space a word
(an insult of course)

personally i would rather have this than auditory, because at least i know its a hallucination when it happens as a floating word but with auditory I think someone is actually insulting me.

Yea ive gotten words. every once in a whileā€¦ id say

I have seen words written in the grass, insulting horrible words

I used to write down my dreams right after I woke up, did this for a little over 10 years, and it is pretty scary just how prophetic they were, even the ones that made no sense at the time.

Never did any brain exercises, because there werenā€™t any back then, I just know it takes practice to remember dreams.
Have to write everything down just as soon as you wake up.

It was easier when I was younger, I now wake up 3-4 times a night, back then I went to bed at 10PM and woke up at 7:30 AM, never waking once during the night.

Miss those days.

I can recall having a brief episode of psychosis when I was around 4-7 years old. I was in the basement of our MDU and looking for my father, because I had a question that I needed to ask him. While I was down there, I started hallucinating. I was hearing noises and seeing things, and one of my visual hallucinations were words on the wall saying ā€œthere is a monster hereā€ and ā€œget out nowā€. Scary stuff!