Violence is acutally weak

And it’s a violent universe. Are we on Earth in charge? Is it our job to tame our universe? Starting with wolves, man seems to want to tame. When he’s gone overboard, war breaks out and we have to stand back and reassess our abilities.
Just doing some deep thinking on this chilly May Sunday evening.

2 Likes

I believe man was placed over animals. But like all authority, to do well, you serve those you are over.

3 Likes

I think all of nature will always be over man.

Men are good at punching and can punch hard if you watch action movies.

I don’t believe that humans are so special, having dominion over other types of animals. I think that we are the earth’s fittest so far. I also think that humanity, the future of “humanity,” will look at us as we look at gorillas. “Oh wow, humans are such intelligent creatures. They are about as mentally capable as our 8 year olds.”

1 Like

I think it takes greater strength to be at peace in the face of violence from others rather than to actively attack on impulse the others who are violent to you.

2 Likes

True words, very insightful.
You have the gift of truth.

1 Like

I recommend you read Sun Tzu’s The Art of War. It’s not only been used as an instruction manual of war but it has numerous applications.

:innocent:

1 Like

@nfy @ThePickinSkunk

Have either of you found a way to be at peace during the experience of attacks by the brain(psychosis)? I found a method that helps; just wondering what methods others also use…

2 Likes

Hi. Sometimes I do deep breathing. When psychosis pops up it can be difficult to remain insightful, at least for myself, but once a few minutes have passed I come to realize those perceptions were not real.

My coping strategy is to wait it out. Time can be used for good. Meds are a huge help though by making it more bearable.

:slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

I am not supposed to talk about how I deal with my demons on this site.
But I talk to someone all the time and he keeps me at peace.
With him I never have to fear anything.
I think you can figure out who I am talking about.
My beliefs aren’t for everyone, but they are mine and I wouldn’t be here without them.

1 Like

@nfy @ThePickinSkunk

Thanks for sharing. Waiting it out is part of my method too. The last one I had took a whole day to wait out from waking up in the morning to falling asleep at night. I find that at the end of the extreme ones, I enter an almost heavenly state of being.
I think our beliefs during the negative state are whats critical to getting thru it safely. Essentially, accepting what the negative now is until it is no longer negative.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.