Vinpocetine halts ketamine-induced schizophrenia-like deficits in rats: impact on BDNF and GSK-3β/β-catenin pathway

There are increasing evidences supporting the involvement of oxidative stress and neuroinflammation in schizophrenia. Vinpocetine, a nootropic phosphodiesterase-1 inhibitor, was proven to possess anti-oxidant and anti-inflammatory potentials. This research aimed to reveal the likely protective features of vinpocetine against ketamine-induced schizophrenia-like deficits in rats. Additionally, the probable mechanisms contributing to this neuroprotection were also elucidated.

Oops twinkle has already posted this can delete if you want.

I just noticed (or forgot and noticed again) that Intracellular (makers of Lumateperone / ITI007) are working on a PDE-1B inhibitor for cognitive deficits.

This article is from Dec 2017
https://ncats.nih.gov/bridgs/projects/complete/pde-inhibitors-treatment-schizophrenia

This inhibitor is indicated as an agent to reverse the cognitive dysfunction in schizophrenia and, in particular, the dopamine D1 receptor hypo-functionality in the prefrontal cortex, a mechanism known to be associated with this disease. Our efforts are designed to focus eventually on a human Phase II clinical proof-of-concept trial to fully validate this novel mechanism.

Vinpocetine is from periwinkle. It is a PDE-1 inhibitor.

Nice find, I think a few years ago some other company was working on it to but FDA shut them down because of concerns for safety.

Nvm it was a Phosphodiesterase 10A inhibitor from Omeros Corporation called OMS 824

I see people buy vinpocetine online for memory. It is pretty cheap.

I tried it. Not sure what the effects were.