Video game thread!

So put 46 hours into Hearts of Iron 4 over a two week period. Gotta love grand strategy games where your locked in to certain things. I actually had to watch a youtube video to have an idea of what the heck I was doing.

Getting there. Lots of fun for strategy gamers who like ww2 games. It really is a complicated thing and I find a lot of fun! Still learning but soon I will invade South America!

1 Like

Which country are you playing?

Iā€™ve heard good things about that game.

1 Like

God i wish i had the attention span of playing video games. Used to play alot - and always waste money each month buying new ones. I always seem to think im gonna sit down for few hours and play em. But never do. Got about forty now on pc - and never seem to bloody touch em! lol.

2 Likes

You should check out Slay the Spire. You can walk away or stare at the screen as much as you need because itā€™s turn based. Thatā€™s the only reason I can handle playing it. I canā€™t focus on anything more than a few seconds.

2 Likes

I will google it cheers @LED. I lke turn based games as well. Used to love my games :frowning:

2 Likes

Same. I used to be really into League of Legends, but I havenā€™t been able to play for years.

2 Likes

Iā€™m waiting for Slay the Spire to come to the Nintendo Switch!

1 Like

Just messing around with Americaā€¦trying to learn all the systems. First game Iā€™ve ever had to watch a tutorial to even have a clue how to play and I played a lot of the earlier games in the series. Itā€™s serious work but fun too!

2 Likes

Cannot stop playing Apex Legends. So moreish!

Tomorrow I will probably get Anthem, so really excited for that.

3 Likes

I just completed the new Mario game for switch. Iā€™m getting back into Mario Odyssey now I intend to complete that one too. Also been playing a lot of Tetris 99 for switch which is free to download. A lot of fun and very addictive.

2 Likes

Gonna play Switch later. Probably Minecraft or Lego Worlds then some Kerbal on PS4.

Kerbal Space Program rocks. I build wacky ā– ā– ā– ā–  that gets off the ground then quickly comes back to the ground. Splat!!! Lol.

:innocent:

2 Likes

Has anybody tried Stardew Valley? Iā€™ve been looking videos of it and it reminds me of Harvest Moon. Iā€™ve been thinking about getting it for the Nintendo Switch next month. If anybody has played it please let me know if itā€™s any good.

2 Likes

Does anyone here know of good controller or keyboard multiplayer games? I canā€™t mouse very well, due to elbow problems.

Thinking of getting a PS4 for this reason.

Currently playing lots of Subspace: Continuum on Steam. Itā€™s a good de-stresser to play on my lying-down computer setup (managed to get it working with controller using Joy2Key.) Just need more variety, itā€™s getting kind of boring.

1 Like

I use an xbox 360 controller for steam games. It isnā€™t compatible with every game though there are programs like Xpadder which are designed to make other games playable with a controller.

1 Like

I play it sometimes. I really like the game :smile:

1 Like

Iā€™ve heard good things about it. I was wondering what else can you do besides farming?

You can fish and gather resources, and befriend the townsfolk

1 Like

Stardew Valley is very good, I have a file on PS4 and a new file on switch. Itā€™s got fishing, mining, light combat, farming, and interesting characters. Itā€™s one of the first two games I got for switch, that and Skyrim. Stardew Valley is also pretty cheap and itā€™s good for a lot of hours of play.

1 Like

I just bought hollow knight for switch. Has anyone played it ?

2 Likes

I heard its harder modes are really challenging. People really seem to like it. On the Smash Brothers board someone asked what the hardest game everyone had completed was, and a lot of them quoted a difficulty mode from Hollow Knight.

2 Likes