Video game thread!

I remember winning a school tournament of a ps2 version of 007. The teacher got mad at me and said, “you’ll never get married. Who’d want you anyway?” It hurt my feelings more than when he threatened to beat me up. Well at least I won the tournament and went home with 100 dollars.

1 Like

I got destiny 2 for free of the ps+ free games about two months ago. I haven’t tried it. The first one was fun with friends. As for the newer call of duty games, I haven’t played them much.

I kind of still want to partake in the esports field, but as a casual player, and maybe a tournament organizer. My hopes of becoming top-tier again are long-gone, but there’s still plenty of fun to be had.

Just have to find my productive groove again, and these things may end up happening for me.

1 Like

You once asked me about streaming. Have you considered streaming?

I would get into streaming if I was gainfully employed and had a means of playing competitively in spite of my bad elbows.

Maybe you can give streaming a try? If you’re going to play games, might as well get paid for it. Your personality seems friendly enough, too.

Aww man I was going to check out your stream channel if you had one haha. Yeah it seems tough to get into those things. Then there are the battle royale games which are so popular right now. Like Player Unknowns Battle Ground and of course the massively popular fortnite. I tried fortnite and was horrible at it. I got about 2 kills then got taken out by a sniper. Those people really play all day. I find it difficult to play more than two hours consecutively now.

1 Like

Same here, I have difficulty keeping focus on anything for more than an hour and a half. It’s getting better though, I’m no longer distracted by voices.

People really spend inordinate amounts of time on games, it’s kind of worrisome for society as a whole. Maybe it keeps people out of trouble though?

I’m not going to be able to stream until I have a business that pays me good money and only requires 1-2 hours a day to maintain.

1 Like

That’s a good plan. Yeah I notice that too. It seems for every game I play there are a set of elitist toxic players who exclusively play one video game all day and are condescending to others. Everything from Fifa to GTAV. It gets tough to here their b.s. sure they’re good at it, they should learn some manners though.

1 Like

Competitive games really bring out the worst in people. It takes an extra strong character to not react to toxicity, though. As soon as you react to the toxic behaviour, the other person gets what he wanted, so if you just don’t respond you deny him that.

1 Like

There’s a game called Rust with the most toxic playerbase I’ve ever seen. The concept is cool and it’s fun but I’m not that good at it so I like to watch good players on youtube doing well.

Sometimes I do okay though, I even got a base up that didn’t get raided once. I was growing plants inside and had like 8 storage boxes. I’d forge weapons and use them to go attack everyone around my property :slight_smile:

It has voice chat though and people are ridiculously offensive with what they say, I mute all chat. Only negative of this is I get no warning when they are talking near me.

1 Like

I’ve heard of that game. I’ve been playing the alpha test of the new Amazon game called New World and it too has voice chat. There are already toxic people in that game. Some were telling me off for mining with a cheaper pickaxe. Ridiculous.

I play mostly BF1 on PC and community seems pretty healthy, there are always exceptions but most players are cool.

1 Like

How so? I’ve been thinking of buying it, but I don’t know what to expect.

1 Like

They’ve updated it since. It has gotten more fluid. The dribbling is a little tougher. You usually can’t just hold the sprint button. Also the shooting takes a little more aim than in Fifa 18. It is still fun though. I usually play pro clubs mode.

1 Like

I haven’t played a sports game since NBA Jam.

Only video games I avoid, Madden’s control scheme is too complicated! And I thought Mutant League Football was hard.

I actually did play a great series of snowboarding games called SSX. Just remembered that.

1 Like

NBA Jam is a classic. I’ve been Fifa on and off since it first came out in 94. It is fun. As for Madden, I haven’t played Madden since 2008 or so. I wasn’t very good at it. In Fifa I’m okay.

I’ve been playing red dead redemption 2.

It’s like cowboy GTA

4 Likes

It’s a great game. It really picks up after chapter 1. I’ve been enjoying it.

What system are you thinking about buying Fifa 19 for?

I’m thinking of saving up for a ps4 and buy it for that

1 Like