Video game thread!

Black ops 4 becomes playable at midnight tonight.

I wasn’t able to get the token during beta, so I won’t have Ghost perk for awhile. Should be fun though. I’m playing it on PS4.

2 Likes

I got to master prestige in COD WW2, but I won’t get BO4. It’s just generic soldiers and not nazis!

3 Likes

I currently have Assassin’s Creed Ultimate Collection which I will be installing on my computer shortly. Not sure which versions it has on it, but I will find out. I also have Tropico. It is old but funny. I know it is rather childish, but I really like Zoo Tycoon. I like to make everything neat and organized.

1 Like

In case you don’t like AC, try AC II, it’s way better.

2 Likes

I’ve been playing Fifa 19 for PS4 and Neverwinter Nights 2 for PC. I also got Assassin’s Creed Odyssey for PS4. Haven’t played much. It is pretty good though, feels like The Witcher 3. The male voice actor makes it sound a little bit comical. Not sure if that’s what they were aiming for. Fifa 19 is much more difficult than Fifa 18. I like it though. I play pro club drop in matches. I’m a fan of football so it has been my go to game.

1 Like

I think I’m going to get into game design. The other option is data analysis, but that seems like such a dry career path. I’d rather work 60 hours a week and have fun for mid 5 figures rather than do something that I don’t enjoy 40 hours a week for low 6 figures.

My poor elbows though, not sure how much abuse they can take, even though I’m taking a cartilage rebuilder called UC-II.

1 Like

I hope your elbows improve. That’d be great if you got into game design. I think it’s one of those things where you have to have a passion for it.

1 Like

Thanks for the well wishing!

I’m pretty passionate about gaming in general, that hopefully carries over to game design. Going to do it full bore, like my life depends on it.

It’s a dream of mine to make useful software for others.

1 Like

It’s not too late. A few months ago the website humble bundle had a bundle of game design tools. Too bad I couldn’t afford it that month.

1 Like

I bought that bundle, it was such a steal. Over $1500 USD in Unity 3d assets for $15, can’t beat that.

1 Like

I’ve been having fun playing Red Dead Redemption 2. I can’t wait for the online version to play with friends.

The new games I’m looking forward to playing are, Fallout 76, Battlefield V, Edge of Eternity (for PC), and Super Smash Bros Ultimate. Video games help me pass the time and I like to play with friends or others online. I usually buy two or three video games per month.

I’ve got Fallout 76 preordered on PS4. Wondering how it’s gonna handle without V.A.T.S.

1 Like

I think it has V.A.T.S. as a sort of auto aim without the pause. I’m going to preorder it next month. I’ve read on the 30th the open beta will begin for ps4 players. It’s supposed to be 4 to 8 hours everyday.

I enjoyed the “Half-minute Hero” game and its sequel. It’s a genre-making series, where you have to accomplish RPG-esque goals and kill a boss within 30 seconds, or the world explodes. Kind of kitschy, but it’s charming.

There’s a spiritual sequel to that series called “Minit”, where you have to finish RPG worlds in 60 seconds. I just bought that as part of a Humble Bundle, and I’m kind of itching to play it.

1 min trailer for Half-minute Hero at:

1 Like

I’ve heard of those games. Never had a chance to play them. Humble bundle is amazing. I’ve been thinking of subscribing to their monthly bundle thing.

1 Like

They recently had a monthly bundle that included Overwatch for $12, so at times you can nab AAA games for super cheap with it.

1 Like

Yeah. Those deals are great. I used to be subscribed to them. How do you like the switch? I enjoy it plenty. Looking forward to more RPGs on it. Super Smash Bros Ultimate will be very fun.

1 Like

Sadly I had to sell the Switch and games; had bills to pay. I miss the thing, but I haven’t truly earned it yet.

1 Like

I can’t play videos games like I did before I got sza

1 Like