Video Game Thread 7.0

HIGHLY recommend Cities: Skylines to anyone looking for a great city builder. Honestly, I recommend it to anyone.

2 Likes

I bought it on Xbox but didn’t get far into it, I might try again soon. Some building games like Planet Coaster have really restrictive build limits on Xbox, but cities skylines seems to allow for some pretty huge cities. I think the limits are raised for series x.

Been back into Skyrim again. Still having fun and found an old save from 2016. Amazing how much you learn over the hours playing it. My 39th level character had a lot of problems and not sure what I was thinking at the time…still funny to see and play for a bit…

Meanwhile. Another playthrough with 2 handed which I never really did and it’s more fun with the power attacks which I never really used with one handed and shield…most of my combat was block and hit. Such a fun game really even considering it’s age!

3 Likes

I love doing 2h fighter characters, I always level up smithing too.

2 Likes

Let me guess someone stole your sweet roll?

1 Like

haha…classic. I love how the bandits troll you whilst your killing them. Just as you serve the critical so the animation cuts in…but. The sweet roll dialogue must be one of the most hated of all! :slight_smile:

1 Like

I loved buying ingrediants and brewing potions then going to the next town and buying more ingrediants lol I wish I could get back into skyrim but Im wondering if Elden Ring is anything like elder scrolls? I didnt like the other dark souls games

1 Like

Elden Ring looks good but didn’t get far. It’s brutal and hard to accomplish without some help and I like to do rpgs as a solo character. I still love skyrim. Such a cool game for it’s time and hope they bring out a new elder scrolls solo soon. It’s well past time but I think it’s in the pipeline.

One day I may get back to Elden Ring. It cost me enough!

2 Likes

Update: I am now Gold 1 in comp :smiley:

Yay. It’s steam summer sales time. Still had $70 left from a gift card from purchasing my graphics card. Bought tropico 6 for cheap for something to play and have $50 left in my wallet. Not sure what I’d like but will have a look and see what takes my fancy.

4 Likes

I just updated my motherboard AMD drivers and Nvidia gpu drivers, 2080 ti. I updated my motherboard bios a few weeks ago.

3 Likes

Let me know how you enjoy Tropico… I hope it’s good!

I fired up Skyrim again and loaded my mage, she’s finished College quests but not much else, is level 45. I am using mods with her, Ordinator for new perks and Apocalypse for new spells. Playing on survival mode. Just bought a plot of land near Falkreath and am about to build up a house. My goal is to hire a carriage and use my Mark spell to mark the location so I can recall back there any time.

1 Like

Has anyone played blasphemous ?

I have not, but I seent it on Steam before. Graphics look sick.

1 Like

I pre-ordered the new World of Warcraft expansion last week. It came with a free max level boost. I decided to boost a mage.

I said yolo and found a group for a mythic dungeon. I was kinda anxious, as I mostly do solo content and mythics are tough. It went great though :relieved: and I did pretty solid DPS

1 Like

Motherboard bios upgrades unless your looking for a specific fix can be catastrophic with intel…is that the same for AMD? I’m looking to move across with my next build and new AMD looks solid as stuff and way ahead of intel with tdp and such…I’d never upgrade bios on an intel board. Too many bad stories!

1 Like

I update my bios like 1-2x a year. Afaik the only bad thing that can happen is that if you lose power while updating the bios the pc might stop booting. Although thats not an issue if you have a UPS battery or have a motherboard with dual bios chips like Gigabyte or have a motherboard that can update the bios without booting and without a cpu installed (Mine is like this).

1 Like

Been playing Castaway Paradise i bought it a long time ago but never really got into it if you want an Animal Crossing game for PC i suggest it its very similar and a lot of fun