Video Game Thread 7.0

wow amazon luna is really good. im playing dirt 5 on my fire tablet and there is no noticeable latency and graphics are smooth. every other cloud gaming service i try like geforce now and xbox cloud gaming have super noticeable latency and lag spikes

1 Like

Today I’ve been adventuring in Divinity: Original Sin Enhanced Edition. I’m level 7 and I just now figured out I can sharpen bladed weapons on a whetstone to increase their value before selling them. Doyee! Still, I think figuring thigs like this out on your own through experimentation is a lot more fun than reading a wiki full of spoilers.

2 Likes

Did not realize that there were Nintendo Switch hackers. I thought I just sucked at Smash Bros but no doubt I ran into many cheaters there too.

Apparently a guy got 40 months in prison for hacking the Switch and the news said Nintendo is putting out a new Switch.

2 Likes

An article showed up for that on my news feed. The heading was “Nintendo releasing new Switch.” I click on it and it’s just an updated version of the exact same system but more hackproof. Super clickbait title lol.

I am waiting for Switch + or Switch Pro with more power that can play more xbox/playstation level games.

1 Like
2 Likes

Wubba Lubba Dub Dub.

Belch!

3 Likes

that would be the steam deck. lol or onexplayer or aya neo, they are handhelds that run pc games, there will never be a handheld for the forseeable future hat can be as powerful as a pc or xbox or ps5 when it comes to running games at the same resolution or graphics. but there are quite a few handhelds now that can run just about any pc game albeit at lower resolutions and settings

2 Likes

Yeah that thing looks cool, my Steam library is mostly simple indies or classic games though, since I don’t have a really great gaming PC. It would be cool to run some of those portably.

2 Likes

Played some Golf With Your Friends with my cousin yesterday its a mini golf game on Steam it was fun

3 Likes

I am looking for gaming buddies, I don’t have many people to play with right now.

I mostly play Valorant. I play WoW casually and have around 100 games on steam too.

I have a mic but usually prefer text chat. If anybody wants to buddy me or anything, feel free to message on here. I don’t want to post my profile publicly.

1 Like

PlayStation released its new service.

With the 700+ games tied to it dating back to my childhood.

I may of cried a little realizing I could play those games again. Those feelings and those stories aren’t lost to me anymore. This time viewing them from a new lens.

Graphics are fun, but they alone don’t make a great game, I still love my childhood games.

Is that retro now? Is retro cool? :man_shrugging:

Happy gaming all.

3 Likes

The way the video gaming industry works I think last year can be considered retro.

But they are so cool. I was tickled to death when I could play Starfox on my Switch. Actually I still remember when my mom got that game for my birthday as an eight year old. Good times!

:grin:

2 Likes

ps1 and ps2 are definitely considered retro now. i have a retro handheld emulator console that can play ps1 games and it is great. some people even consider the ps3 retro now because there are ps3 emulators and such

1 Like

They have PS5 emulator now, since a few months ago already.

1 Like

yea i dont think any ps5 games can run on it yet. i heard about ps4 emulator and they struggle to run games like dead cells which runs natively on android even on top of the line pc hardware

1 Like

They need to optimize it.

1 Like

this is an odd coincidence i just started playing this game on psp emulator a few days ago

1 Like

My only regret for not having a PS5 is missing out on the updated version of FF7 remake. Wish it would come to Xbox. I mean we got Strangers of Paradise.

1 Like

So I know I said I was going to play some Tropico, but I never got around to it because I got an itch for a single player Dungeons and Dragons type game, maybe because I’ve been watching Stranger Things lately. I opened up my digital copy of Divinity: Original Sin Enhanced on my Series X and made two characters, a fire/earth wizard and a two-hand weapon using warrior.

Fast forward a week and I’m 50 hours in and having a blast. I taught one of my companions Blacksmithing and Crafting so I can make weapons from scratch and then combine them with elemental essences to increase their damage. I can craft special magic arrows for my archer companion as well, and even cook things like fries and pizza that restore health in combat.

I also have the sequel, am really looking forward to it. I wish they would remake Fallout 1 and 2 and release them on Xbox some day. I heard they lost the source code for these two games’ engine though so it might be difficult.

1 Like