Video Game Thread 6.0

I saw the benchmarks this morning, pretty good. You need 750W min PSU. I will stay with my 2 years old 2080Ti as its pretty close to 3080 and 6800XT overclocked to 2.1Ghz core and 16Ghz memory.

2 Likes

Yeah, if I had a 2080Ti I wouldn’t be looking to upgrade. It’s a really good card, I’d hold on to it for a while longer.

2 Likes

@Aziz have you seen this thing? Its not for gaming, but kinda cool nvidia teamed up with amd.

4 Likes

Imagine if that can run games lol

3 Likes

@Aziz do you have any experience with wifi pcie cards? I’ve been using powerline but think I can get better speeds with an ax wifi 6 card. Any experience with these? Or anyone on the forum, I’ve tried dongles as well but maybe a card would be more reliable.

1 Like

I haven’t tried any but get an Intel chipset AX one. I think Intel are the best. You need an AX router too. What I use now is a cheap AC Xiaomi router running as a repeater connected to my PC using Ethernet cable. Make sure your ethernet cables are at least Cat 5E. I get 500-580mbps from three floors away. Router is in the basement and my PC is on the 2nd floor.

2 Likes

Are you getting your advertised internet speed with that?

1 Like

Ok, yeah I found one with the ax200 and bluetooth 5.0, and with power line I get about half speeds of what we pay for. I had a usb dongle but it was slower than the power line. How do you run a router as a repeater?

1 Like

Do you get full speed directly connected with ethernet to the modem?

My router has the option to work as a repeater in the setup process. It connects to your orginal router and broadcasts that through Ethernet and Wifi. Its wifi rebroadcast sucks but I was surprised to get over 500mbps through ethernet. Also maybe my house’s floors aren’t very isolating or blocking the signal, not sure. With a cheap Wifi dongle I got 150mbps. With an Asus dongle I got over 500mbps but it was overheating and disconnecting. The Xiaomi router doesn’t do this.

2 Likes

I didn’t try linking direct to modem, will that be faster? Ok I didn’t know routers could be set up for that.

1 Like

I meant connecting a pc directly to the modem with ethernet. Do you get full speed?

2 Likes

I would have to run like a 200ft ethernet cable to do that lol, the modem and router and away from my room. I’m gonna try this adapter, I found an ax router for a good price. Maybe I can get some decent mbps soon, I love tech there’s so much to learn.

2 Likes
2 Likes

Damn RTX 3080 for 4K Ray Tracing. I don’t think my 2080 Ti will handle that. Anyways I never turn on Ray Tracing as I can’t really see a difference. I can also turn on DLSS and it will be playable with Ray Tracing 4K.

3 Likes

Word of warning. If you go for Ubisoft+ monthy payment subscription on their library of games, they will charge you twice.

They say to prevent fraud on the cards, Got it for watchdogs legion.

They can do your credit in.

2 Likes

Today I played half an hour azure striker gunvolt.

Then puyo puyo and Tetris. Tgam it feels nice

3 Likes

I’ll be able to run cyberpunk at recommended 1080 high settings. I’m don’t know if I will get it right away but it looks fun

2 Likes

I wish they still made demos like in the old days. You could at least get a feeling of the game and know if you its worth buying or not for you.

3 Likes

Has anyone played Ghostrunner?
I got it before it came out but only recently started it up.
Its very fun, but its also very frustrating.

1 Like
2 Likes