Video Game Thread 10.0

i couldnt resist the deal seeing best buy lowered the asus rog ally to $399. alot of reddit people dislike the z1 version as its slower than z1 extreme. but considering it still is above steam deck performance with z1 and the $399 steam deck has half the storage (256/512) a lower res screen, 60 vs 120 hz, linux vs windows, and i got my rog ally z1 same day delivered i think it is a good deal.

its played every game ive tested smoothly and looks great for a 7" screen and feels pretty cool as ive wanted a handheld pc since before even steam deck released in 2022

i made a samurai starter in elden ring last night and now back to fighting margit first big main boss again lol. i feel like my previous magic builds were too easy so im gonna play through as two handed sword samurai as using a shield seems useless against bosses. it feels like being in an alternate reality playing my pc steam games natively on a handheld

1 Like

in elden ring i have never gotten past the castle where the black knight is. ive defeated it but i end up in a death trap once past the birds. this game draws me in so much i think i will put the effort to get far. it won game of the year but i feel like 90% of game critics / reviewers have never completed it lol idk why i feel like the ign and game media people are not as hardcore as the people who dont get paid to play but grind regardless

1 Like

Elden Ring is insane! I love that game so much! Beating it was so fun… I suggest you get your Vigor to 40 as soon as possible, the rest is up to you. I always start samurai, and I kept a shield equipped half the game but realized I wasn’t using it anymore, so I ditched it and stuck to dodge rolling and it went just fine.

I would love a portable console but I’m gonna wait a year or two to see if Xbox launches something proprietary… mainly since I’m low on money. I hope yours is awesome, if I had one I’d use it to play all my simulator games like Raft and Rimworld.

1 Like

ive been doing vigor, dexterity, and, endurance. i need more runes now tho so maybe ill backtrack for runes as i horse rode all the way as soon as i got the horse to go fight margit. the first time i played i fought everything on the way, but in that time i never used the runes to level up, now im leveling every life so i dont drop 1,000s of runes every time i mess up.

ive been running fairly heavy stuff on the handheld but on my switch the majority of my library is 2d/ easy to run indie games. i didnt realise until yesterday that i never played those types on my desktop so basically all my owned windows games are AAA shooters, action-adventure / action rpg’s and racing games. it feels pretty cool tho to play spiderman miles morales and elden ring on a handheld where it looks decent (compared to switch)

i also think itd be awesome if xbox would make a handheld, they shown they can do alot with a little space as xbox series s can fit in a hoodie pocket. i dislike that sony went with the cloud streaming route considering any phone or tablet can do it

1 Like

Marathon is on steam as classic marathon. if you didn’t play this it’s because it was for mac computers
marathon 2 and infinity will also be free sometime in the future

Played a bit of Palia today. Got my tent set up, workbench ect. I have alot of crap on my land that needs clearing out. Still havent played long enough to know if the game is worth it.

been cycling through hellblade on gamepass ultimate and elden ring on my handheld. its pretty cool playing them on it just sadly no cross save but no big deal as i have progressed decently on xbox but not to the point that itd take several hours to reach the same point

5 Likes

played hellblade 3 hours late last night on pc handheld. i have passed the point i was at on xbox. lol the whole time i played i was laying in bed. but it was comfortable

1 Like

an update to fix the last update lol
:man_facepalming:

1 Like

Rant time…

I have been waiting a WEEK for the new patch to Fallout 4 to fix VATS… well guess what? The patch came out, and VATS is still broken! I HATE BETHESDA SO FING MUCH! I’ve owned this game NINE years and it’s unplayable now! You broke a game I’ve poured over 400 dollars into (creation club is expensive), I want some legal recourse.

I’m not sure what this May 13 patch even does. What a joke.

2 Likes

it seems like around the same time game devs start to get money hungry even wanting people who paid for the game to have more in game stuff or features, the games seem to decline in playability and riddled with bugs.

maybe the og game world overseers are punishing them for passion turning into greed, and gamers have to pay the price.

lol its a far fetched idea and doesnt apply to any game in particular but seems to be the way the game industry feels right now

1 Like

this is the most unsettling character ive encountered in any game, i had to hear his chant for what seemed like over an hour

1 Like

I gotta try that game, right now I need something while FO4 is broken.

1 Like

its a good game and pretty short. the time it takes to figure out some of the puzzles is what took me longest. im still not done with it but i was able to redo and surpass my progress on different platform in about 2-3 hours

1 Like

Been gone a bit but playing Fallout New Vegas when I get some wind down time. Still fun so min/maxing start but forgot how good it really is. It’s shooting mechanics are still pretty fun so doing that. Early days. I get to so far and try another build…Bethesda product is my problem but still enjoying it. Bit dated with the visuals but still a good game…

3 Likes

I am so excited for Akuma. I need to dust off my Street Fighting skills this week in preparation. He drops in one week, I might play some as Ken and Ryu before then.

1 Like

Okay so I found out something regarding Fallout 4 : If you go into settings on your Xbox and change the targeted framerate to 30, the VATS bug disappears. You can still get 60 FPS using a mod, and even play 60 FPS with achievements enabled if you do a few extra steps, so I am back to playing my file.

Someone on Reddit randomly had it set to quality instead of performance and noticed VATS working just fine in his game, good old Reddit.

3 Likes

I finally finished Fallout the Tv series. So much fun and I thought it well done. Already started a watch through as I have little on the radar and I watch little tv these days. It’s worth a watch if you’ve got prime as the set design and costuming is so much about the game. Even the retro/futuristic 50’s vibe is done really well. All in all a pretty good little series. I hope they make the next series and soon!

2 Likes

Picked up a 128 GB SD card for my Switch.

1 Like
1 Like