Schizophrenia.com

Video game programming seems really hard

Anybody done any? I tried some simple programming once and its very puzzling. I guess you need a serious knack for it. One unforseen bug and youd have to scour the code. I want to watch a video on how idea becomes code becomes game. Do they have to reanimate the character totally with a new skin? Its a amazing talent. The artwork of the times I think. Though some wont give it credit as art.

No but I made maps with Unreal editor. Its for Unreal Tournament. That was a long time ago though and I sucked lol You could place lights, walls, objects, etc

1 Like
1 Like

Wow, man. I always thought about making a map. People making their own doesnt seem as popular now, but i could be wrong.

1 Like

The editor came with Unreal Tournament, cant remember which one but I played them all. I think its more simplified than the current Unreal Engine. I also think there is other free 3D creation apps.

1 Like

I still dont know how ppl make custom maps in Counter Strike Source, I love them like these ones: Lego and Ice World.

1 Like

Yeah, i was thinking its only gotten more complex.
Just, the production that goes into them. Some have budgets of blockbuster films. Truely amazing art.

1 Like

I wonder why GTA6 is taking too long to develop. I think GTA5 was realeased in 2013.

1 Like

They are still milking gtav for major profits. Everybody has a copy almost.

1 Like

Yea there is still a lot of ppl playing GTAV online. Rockstar still does regular updates to GTAV online.

1 Like

I wanted to play it online, but its busted for me. Aparantly they never fixed it for some.

1 Like

Mine works but the graphics suck as its too old from 2013.

1 Like

Maybe they will give it next gen treatment and push it on new consoles.

1 Like

I first played GTAV on my brother’s fat PS3. It was really called fat as later they had the slim PS3 lol

1 Like

Oh yeah, forgot it was on ps3. I always come in late and get the slim console.

1 Like

You need practice and reading like most things ,I am studying comp sci ATM so I know

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.