Video Chatting

How many are comfortable with video chatting and what program do you use?

I’m still using skype with a couple of people, mostly text when we do chat, the odd time someone from long ago pops up and makes a call, which is always nice to hear from them

I downloaded zoom and discord but have not used them yet

I do video chat, but no big on it

1 Like

For a short while during the pandemic I used Android “duo” to chat with my brother and my little nieces.

1 Like

I use most of the major programs. I’m very comfortable with video chat. It’s how I attend AA meetings now and how I see my therapist. I enjoy the online AA so much that I have very little desire to go to real world meetings ever again. My loveseat at home is more comfy, I have my cat, and I have better coffee. (AA is mostly on Zoom.)

Life is amazing these days.

1 Like

I use messenger and whatsapp for videochat with friends and family. Duo has best image quality but uses more battery on my cellphone. Worst image quality is zoom then messenger. Its why I use whatsapp the most, balance between image quality and battery usage.

2 Likes

I use messenger and FaceTime

Used to use Zoom a lot at work.

1 Like

Snapchat, or messenger.

1 Like

@Aziz what is messenger

1 Like

Its facebook messenger.

2 Likes

Oh ok

I don’t use Facebook

R u comfortable with Facebook, have heard there are lots of privacy issues

2 Likes

I got good and used to video chatting when I was going through the adoption process.

We had to use Skype or whatever was available at the time to chat with the agency, the lawyers and the daddies.

Then after the baby was born we started video chatting ever couple weeks or every month.

Been doing that 8-9 years.

It wasn’t much of an adjustment for me when everything switched during COVID.

1 Like

I made my fb the most private possible in settings but I never use fb, only fb messenger.

3 Likes

Ok

Then that makes sense

A lot of my friends discontinued using fb

2 Likes

Don’t really like video chatting, but I have used Skype, WhatsApp and zoom before

1 Like

I find FB chat to be really good.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.