Video - $650 million to the Broad Institute to galvanize scientific research on psychiatric disorders

I just found this - perhaps of interest. A good video on these important new developments. Probably the biggest news in schizophrenia in 20 years:

On July 22 the Broad Institute of MIT and Harvard made a groundbreaking announcement: philanthropist Ted Stanley has made a commitment of $650 million to the Broad Institute to galvanize scientific research on psychiatric disorders and bring new treatments to hundreds of millions of people all around the world.

5 Likes

That video’s a real quality production!

And . . . the news is wicked.

Jayster

1 Like

this was a really good video, i would like to know more about the man from NAMI as he seemed to intrigue me the most with what he said about asking the questions and getting the ‘i don’t know’ every time, we need to try and answer these questions that we don’t understand.

the question that i would ask would be how do we get our thoughts to travel along the right paths and stay on the right paths and if in doing so are we forcing ourselves to think and i think we should not be forced to do anything i think everything should come naturally, the way god intended.

but if the way god intended was to cause us to be this way then it was gods intention to cure it also, but what is the human cost for that treatment and is it really the best way to move forward.

i wish there was a way in which we could change our thoughts and pathways in our brain without chemicals and medicines, that would truly be a miracle and the best way to treat it in my opinion.

1 Like

The guy’s name is Ken Duckworth, MD. He is a psychiatrist. He should be all over the www.

I met him in 2008 and later phoned him up. He was helpful to my friend who had an issue with dual diagnosis, and he was able to give us a great referral.

Or were you not so much interested in him but his ideas?

Jayster

2 Likes

i liked him and his ideas, he seems like a really nice knowledgeable guy, very smart and interesting.
he has given me a few ideas just listening to him no matter how brief it was.

thats awesome he has helped you and your friend.

1 Like

made a commitment of $650 million to the Broad Institute to galvanize scientific research on psychiatric disorders and bring new treatments to hundreds of millions of people all around the world

Really like that $650 million used with the word galvanized!

2 Likes
2 Likes

oh omg Mr Ted passed away…
i was wondering what will happen to broad institute .
will it continue its research…
lots of condolence to relative of *
Ted the almighty
whole world needs a hero like him…
we should mourn for him…
no words to express any further…
R.I.P mr TED
u will always remain in our heart and memory…

1 Like

can i ask u why.@Jayster ???

1 Like

That’s good news!

TOP DEFINITION
Wicked
New England slang that adds emphasis. Synonymous with really, very and hella.

To describe how great something is: "This car is wicked cool!"
To show aggravation: "This ■■■■■■■ guy is a wicked ■■■■■■■!"
To show frustration: "That guy is wicked slow!"
To show amazement: "Wow, that game is wicked awesome!"
To describe a person: "She’s a wicked bitch!"
To describe the weather: "Man, it’s wicked hot out here!"
To emphasize feelings: "That story made me wicked sad!"
To exaggerate your point: “That took a wicked long time!”
“That wicked cool car is wicked fast is owned by that wicked old guy, who drives it wicked slow when it’s wicked hot out, which makes me wicked sad cause I’m wicked broke and I got to walk a wicked long way.”

2 Likes

Thanks for ur insight mr@jayster…
now i am
thinking feeling and doing…take care :pray:

1 Like