Veterans Day

Thanks guys!! Had a great veterans day!

I enlisted delayed entry at 17, at 18 in August 2001 I was serving in basic training and artillery school at ft. Sill oklahoma. September 11th happened soon after.

I cannot begin to tell you how stressful it was to have 911 happen during your basic.

In 2002 I reported to ft. Benning Georgia for airborne school. You learn how to jump out of planes with a parachute and combat gear on.

Soon after I arrived at ft Bragg after receiving my airborne wings and served my army time in the 82nd airborne division.

In 2003 at 19 I deployed to Afghanistan and lost friends, made new ones, and built on friendships I could keep. I saw combat at Shkin, Salerno base, and was part of a highly mobile artillery team of only 2 howitzers instead of 6.

I love weapons, but I know guys 19 like me died over there. I knew them personally. Even I, a little schoolboy broke laws for my team. We just didnā€™t do it any other way.

In 2008 I was diagnosed with schizophrenia, was a afghan Arty, combat builder in navy reserves, and basic marine till injured. It was the most important thing I ever did besides having my daughter.

Not alot of people in my family speak to me and barely anyone in my family wished me a happy veterans day. Itā€™s good to know you guys did!!

Patrick.

4 Likes

Rock on dude! It means alot to any vet.

3 Likes

Thank you for your service, @neveragain ! And happy Veteranā€™s Day! :hugs:

2 Likes

Iā€™m happy to hear you had a great veteranā€™s day. I have a lot of respect for veterans. Iā€™ve touched on the subject with Montezuma before. One of my brotherā€™s friends served in the U.S. Marines. He never came home, it was devastating for his family and the town. People really put their life on the line for this country. Thank you for your service, neveragain.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.