Very very angry

I’ve had the same counselor for ten years. He and I have a relationship. I’ve had the same med provider for seven years. She and I have a relationship. We work together.

I have some anger, of course.

One legitimate use of anger is to build large muscles. When I’m angry, I go for a walk.

2 Likes

Cool.

Therapy never helped me.

I honestly am starting to think people don’t genuinely give a crap about other people.

I’m only angry at one ‘man’ and to a hugely lesser degree my ‘care team’.

If you have difficulty with the expense of buying your own punching bag, could you get a monthly membership at a fitness center that has several punching bags or punching things? I did that for a while.

With everything going up in price nowadays I’m barely keeping on top of my bills.

:frowning:

1 Like

I don’t know what to tell you about a “cure”. The pain will lessen in time if you work at it. Watch out for the alcohol. That can be a downward pull in life. You’re probably not going to make a million dollars and have playboy bunny girlfriends, but as you get better you will feel less pain.

My pains from decades before any symptoms. It’s a broken heart from a first childhood love.

That might have been deflected pain. I don’t know, but maybe you shifted your pain over to a childhood love in order to avoid a more threatening pain.

Do they have food banks where you live? Or places to get a free meal? You might want to be checking on that.

Nope. She came on to me as an adult not knowing who I was cos she hadn’t seen me since I was eleven, brought up abuse memories I was unaware of with her fondling causing a panic attack then slept with a dirty old closeted gay man who fancied me and realised I loved her so screwed her to use her as a proxy to imagine he was screwing me.

That broke my heart and destroyed my mind and life.

She found out what really wad going on according to my fresh memory.

I try to avoid charity. Wasn’t reared like that.

What is this? I post three times, and I get a message to send a private message instead of posting again. One time I got these messages, and I checked on another topic and one guy had posted 19 times! Sheesh.

1 Like

In your own threads you can post as many replies as you want but in threads made by others you are limited to 3 consecutive replies.

3 Likes

Beat advice i can give is try to promote a common understanding. Look at it from the other persons perspective, and youll be able to see why they did what they did even if it qas illogical youll underatand their mistake.

To forgive you have to "fore • give " and stop re bringing this sentiment to your mind to stop the resentment.

Pray for them. Its the center of peace. Overcome those bad thoughts about them with good wishes for them. Invest in caring for them mentally with real action and youll have a common lot with them and be happy for their success.

I think a lot of folks here have been trying to say the same thing. You’ve been hurt. Obviously very badly. That sucks. It isn’t that nobody cares or is downplaying your issues. Some of the best advice given can be summed up in one word, “forgiveness”. This isn’t for the person that harmed you, it is for you and you only. This stops them from continuously hurting you so that you are able to move past this and stop feeling the hurt and anger.

It is much easier said than done and sometimes it takes a lot of work to do it. I know I have been in a similar situation when I found out my ex-stepson was abusing my daughter. It took years and a lot of active work for me to let this go. I used to wish him so much harm (and even planned on tracking him down and causing harm myself) no matter how much I tried to not wish harm because I knew it was wrong. Eventually, I was able to move past this and get the best revenge and that was to live the best life I am able to live. It isn’t easy when you have health issues and there are times when my life could be better (considering everything) but you gotta try.

It took years and there were times I thought I was past it and slipped back into my old routine. The anger and holding onto hatred held me back and didn’t help my daughter either. I wish I would’ve accomplished it a lot sooner. I lost some good years because of it.

I know you can get there eventually and get “revenge” (in the form of living the best life that you can).

2 Likes

It’s mentally, emotionally and physically draining letting anger consume you so much. You need to find an appropriate way of letting go, like through exercise, writing, meditating, hobbies. It’s ultimately better to mentally finding ways to let go, and not dwell on anger. After a while the rage will build up and consume you if you let it. It takes time to change your mindset so be gentle with yourself.

3 Likes

I don’t blame her at all.

I just wish I knew if my talking to her was real.

Then it would have been already resolved.

Like I said Kev it may have already been resolved.

Still it did teach me more about the psychology of childhood sexual identity development than is generally known. Proving some theories and debunking others.

Such situations are highly unlikely to happen because childhood loves grew up together.

You simply would not believe the sheer amount of psychological damage such a situation can do to ones mind.

1 Like

If there were some way to prove my new suppressed memories were real it would resolve pretty fast.

Going everywhere trying to find the answer to that tbh.