Very ill right now

don’t panic. it’s physically not mentally. i have either a severe chest infection or viral bronchitis. i’m getting very breathless very easily. the kids are supposed to be taking care of me but it’s not happening at all. they still expect me to carry on cooking and cleaning for them. well i’ve had enough so on friday, i’m going away for the weekend so i can get the rest i need. so long as they have money and food, they’ll be fine. no more mum, can you do this, can you cook me this, can you take me here, an you wash this, can you buy me that. i’ve had enough. time to put my foot down and let them fend for themselves for a couple of days i think. they haven’t lifted a finger to help me since last week, not even made me a drink. man am i peeved right now!!

7 Likes

Yes you go away and have time alone pampering yourself they will appreciate u more when u return

2 Likes

I’m sorry you’re sick. I think it is a good policy for parents to expect kids to do a few things for themselves, even when their parents are well. It gives kids self confidence and helps them learn to be independent when the time comes.

2 Likes

vit c
lemon drink
rest
sleep
vicks on feet and chest.
and " FREEDOM "…said in a william wallace way.
hope you are feeling better soon.
take care

1 Like

I’m glad your getting way so you can rest and get better. I hope you feel better very soon. If your kids are even half as go getting as you are… they well just fine while you take care of yourself.

1 Like

Feel better soon Jayne - try to take it easy for a while - you will be yourself soon, I am sure :smiley:

2 Likes

Rest well on your days off and get well soon!

1 Like