Very dark rant

If you could see yourself from someone else’s perspective, you would see that you might not be too far to reach for, and only that your personal sense of being too far down, which is illusory, is what keeps you down.

:heart:

David

1 Like

Stay strong, there is no “black and white” and perfection is “impossible”. Try reading albert ellis rational emotive behavioral therapy.

Read this again and again, Sara - I know you feel like if one person disapproves, then it’s like no one else’s opinion can matter, but that’s garbage. You are so smart, so charming, so kind, so beautiful. I know what it’s like to think that every moment and every interaction is some kind of referendum on your worthiness to exist, and to think that anyone who likes or loves you is misguided and missing out on the whole picture. But you have to believe that you’re the one without the full view - if you think the world is full of people who are more deserving and more faultless, you’re wrong. You just don’t know all their secrets, is all. We’re all right down there with you.

3 Likes

Now Thus Is What I Forget Completely … ,

Feeling Alone Without A Smile From A Stranger Means We Can’t Drift … ,

I Don’t Look For Validation ,

But When I Do … ,

I Forget That I Am Naught Alone … ,

" Can’t See The Forest For The Trees " ,

Which Could Be A Wilderness Of Massive Negativity … ,

It Does Take Strength To Trot Throo It All and Keep Our Head Up … ,

As Tupac Would Say : @sarad " Keep Ya Head Up ." …

I would recommend a couple of Books

a. Siddhartha - by hermen Hesse
b. The prophet - Khalil Gibran

also The Brothers Karamazov is a nice book.

Wish I knew what to say to this… :pensive: Just know I really appreciate your posts here.
Hope your morale and your situation improves soon.

@Sarad, I don’t know too much about your personal life, but I have seen a ton of personal growth and accomplishments from you just on his forum. I know you are doing more than you think. You have formed bonds with everyone here and you show compassion to everyone struggling. You are raising a kid, and you stay with him trying your best even when you feel useless. Just the fact that you don’t leave him is a huge thing that a lot of kids wish for.

1 Like

I don’t know if you’ve ever read any of Dear Sugar’s advice columns before, or how useful you’d find them if you did. Sometimes they were like a balm for me. Here’s two that your post brought to mind:

http://therumpus.net/2010/07/dear-sugar-the-rumpus-advice-column-44-how-you-get-unstuck/

http://therumpus.net/2010/10/dear-sugar-the-rumpus-advice-column-52-reach/

Just wanted to say I hope you feel better. You’re always the one telling me how it’ll get better when in feeling down. Just know the same will happen to you.

Take care :alien:

[quote=“Rhubot, post:23, topic:32912, full:true”]
I know what it’s like to think that every moment and every interaction is some kind of referendum on your worthiness to exist, and to think that anyone who likes or loves you is misguided and missing out on the whole picture.

Wow, rhuby that is so me!
Lol you just summed up my whole life.

Everyone, I love you so. :heart:

5 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 2 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.