Van Gogh Painting for my Back Room

This is a continuation of my thread, ‘A Very Organized Schizophrenic’.

I spend a lot of time in the back room of my apartment. I’m an artist, so I want it to be inspiring back there. …so I decided to get a Van Gogh painting printed to a shade for the one window back there.

Some details about the painting:

1. “Measuring about two-and-a-half by three feet, “Green Wheat Fields, Auvers” was thought to have been painted in Auvers-sur-Oise, France, following van Gogh’s voluntary confinement at the asylum in St.-Rémy. While there, he painted what are often described as his “pure landscapes,” capturing the countryside he saw around him. Devoid of figures, the painting is consumed by a windswept field, rendered in dramatic rich greens and blues, with his sweeping brushwork and thick impasto.”

2. “In his letters, van Gogh talks about being absorbed in a sea of windy grass”

3. “Within weeks after painting “Green Wheat Fields, Auvers,” van Gogh killed himself, yet the paintings he left from those last few months are “classic, great and super vibrant.””

4. His last words were: “The Sadness will Last Forever.”

I took a picture of the room before:

Here is the ‘After’ picture where I have used Photoshop to conceptualize what it would look like:

Should take 2 to 3 weeks to arrive. Can’t wait to be absorbed in ‘Green Wheat Fields, Auvers

13 Likes

That’s such a beautiful piece. Van Gogh is my favorite artist, not just because his work is so amazing, but because he was so relatable.
Your room looks very nice, and definitely enhanced by the print. :heart:

2 Likes

Van Gogh could be a good example for mentally ill people to hold up to the world.

1 Like

Looks peaceful though stimulating.

1 Like

Lovely painting! I love van Gogh art the best.

1 Like

Your room looks nice, and the painting also

2 Likes

Nice painting, and room!

1 Like

Does the room have other windows? :slight_smile:

Thank you for all the kind comments, everyone! Van Gogh stuff is the best!

@NeuralPlay123 ,

The room does not have any other windows, but I’ll lift the shade during the day to get some light in.

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.