User word count stats

The opposite actually. I think the long posts get overlooked.

5 Likes

they do but for good reason,

like would you put all your energy into one longwinded post or rather concentrate on ten shorter posts that have a lot more meaning?

@DMAdataANDmoodanalysis , what are your thoughts regarding this thread?

4 Likes

Iā€™m confused on what youā€™re trying to say.

You seem to be saying the opposite of what you started saying.

Iā€™m confused and Iā€™m bowing out of this conversation. I donā€™t understand this thread today.

you are getting confused, sorry, i am talking about a word count based on my own personal word count average in my head, i should of explained.

based on experience, i donā€™t think my own personal word count is longwinded, i try to avoid longwinded posts like the plague and i try to write my posts in a way that is easy to read and broken up as much as possible.

a meaningful post for me would probably be on average about 5-10 lines broken up into short sentences. however this does vary

each persons on here is different so will probably have a different idea about size/word count and meaningfulness of each post.

however, just to add that some times shorter posts with less word count can still be very meaningful

Background_and_Blank_Effect_Transparent_PNG_Clip_Art_Image

4 Likes

thats just annoying moonbeam :roll_eyes: :joy::joy::joy:

btw could someone from discourse look at this post and give his/her opinion? i think its a really good idea,

@anon51414962 not sure about that but as there is a minimum letter count it makes sense there should be a max character count as well to prevent people writing excessively long posts.

1 Like

I totally agree with you @asgoodasitgets I donā€™t like long posts :slight_smile:

Youā€™re welcome to go on the main discourse board and request the feature. Iā€™m not doing it for you, because I donā€™t have that kind of free time.

Itā€™s funny because when i flag someone with option ā€œsomething elseā€ it does have a maximum 450 characters or soā€¦

where is the main discourse board?

1 Like

ok, i brought it up and opened a discussion,

I didnt mention your idea @anon51414962 but i think it has already been discussed.

you could have a look on there about it if you want.

2 Likes

I think you must ask the Big Lebowski heā€™s the big boss here imo

who is that? lol

1 Like

Nah, szadmin has no control over discourse updates.

1 Like

SzAdmin hahahaha

@discobot roll 2d6

:game_die: 6, 1

1 Like