USB Ports Causing Problems

So I bought a new used computer, while trying to get my pic’s off my old computer I discovered it is the USB ports that are causing all the problems, they don’t connect things properly, I’m wondering if resetting windows will help?

I have to use a old style keyboard, not USB, and my portable hard drive would not work, I found one USB port that worked on the front of the computer

Nothing to do with mental illness, other than driving me crazy :crazy_face:

1 Like

Sounds like a hardware problem.

You might need to buy a “usb hub” on amazon.ca . You can plug the usb hub into your remaining good usb port. Then plug other things into the usb hub.

3 Likes

Check the cable, if one USB works, others should work too, unless there is a mechanical problem like destroyed contacts,

1 Like

Was going to reset windows once I get all my stuff off it, will retire it if window thing does not work

1 Like

@Mountainman

If it were me i would take the back off the machine and see if they are covered in crud. You can easily get a plugin 4 port card from amazon. I would go for an internal PCI Card.

Other than that - I assume you checked the drivers are installed in device manager - they usually have native win10 support?
If you got no needed data - i would reinstall win10 first.

1 Like

I cleaned everything awhile back , so should be ok clean wise

You might have to replace the case. Reinstalling Windows will not solve your problem and will be just a waste of time for you.

1 Like

OK was not sure about that, I did get a new used computer from a guy who builds them so working on the switch. might let windows reset just to clean the old one out

1 Like

I reset my computer and wiped everything out, so far so good

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.