Urologist called me. I need IV antibiotics

I’ve had an infection for a really long time. The antibiotics I’ve been on no longer work and I’m allergic to most antibiotics. It’s frustrating. I have to see a different dr who will administer the IV.

4 Likes

I’m sorry @CoCo
Hopefully it will be resolved soon
Good luck with everything

1 Like

Thanks @Wave. 1515

1 Like

Good luck to you. I hate IVs. :pig::pig::pig:

2 Likes

Thanks @GrayBear

1 Like

I hope they work and you get better soon.

1 Like

Thanks @Leaf. 1515

1 Like

I hope the antibiotics help this time.

1 Like

Thanks @DearZombie . Me too. I’m sick of having this problem

1 Like

I understand. I get recurrent UTIs and kidney infections. Used to get gall bladder infections. Surgery took care 9f one and the UTIs slowed down this year to one every two or 3 months.

1 Like

I follow all the rules for steering clear of infections, but not only do I get them but I can’t seem to fight them off. It’s very frustrating

1 Like

Well this is a guy problem, but I got a prostate infection when I was a young man and had to go to a urologist. It took awhile to get it cured.

1 Like

That must have been very painful @anon54988740.

I don’t remember it very well now, just that it was extremely unpleasant. I was very sexually active when I was young. I also had gonorrhea and mononucleosis put me in the hospital.

1 Like

Oh man. You really had a rough go at it

1 Like

Well the mononucleosis taught me a lesson.

1 Like

Yeah. I got mono when I was 5.

1 Like

I had to do an At-Home IV for a month when I got home from the hospital after having sepsis. How long do you have to do yours for?

I think I had a box full of extra saline after it was done.

1 Like

I’m not sure yet how long. I see the dr tomorrow to find out more

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.