Urgh 151515

How do I stop automatically thinking that neurotypicals are going to hate me because I have a mental illness?

I got kicked out of residence and got kicked out of school trip just because I have a mental illness.

How can I ever go on trusting normies?

Plus the news always hate people like us.

I’m starting to develop an attitude of “I’m not going to trust you at all because you’re neurotypical, and I assume you’re going to hate me because I have a mental illness/physical disabilty”.

It’s driving me mad. The trust issues are getting really severe. I need to stop thinking this way before I start to isolate myself from the general public.

2 Likes

Because they don’t.

You can’t avoid people for fear they’ll hurt you. The truth is that sometimes your friends or family will hurt you. It’s just part of being in a relationship. You have to take the bad with the good. Having a friend is just a great feeling but human beings are notoriously insensitive, mean and hurtful. But also kind, compassionate, and loyal.

I used to have a beagle named Urgh when I was a kid. I used to take him to the park for walks and every time I called his name strangers would run up behind me and try to give me the Heimlich Maneuver.

2 Likes

The first thing neurotypical doctors do is to discriminate us when we end up in the ER.

Teachers kicked me out of residence 2 times and my band teacher kicked me out of a school trip when I told him that I had sz.

My parents are ashamed to tell my brother that I hear voices and it’s still a secret.

My professor hated me because of my mental illness and gave me a C in every assignment.

My friend’s mom told my friend to stop hanging out with me because I have sz, and said that on a skype call in front of her computer screen.

There’s plenty more but I am not going to describe it all.

I would like to believe in good of people, but there are people willing to hate me just because of my MI.

I try to make it better, but last night the congress made it possible to cancel certificates of mentally ill pharmacists and acupuncturists.

There’s no hope in the world which decides to automatically hate neurodivergent and disabled people.

I’m going to advocate, of course, to overturn the ableism I face daily, but honestly I’m getting tired.

I hate that people stare at me because I use a ■■■■■■■ mobility aid. If people knew that I had a MI, I would lose my job and have a bad reputation. It’s like- I become the worst possible human on this world because I have an MI and a neurodegenerative illness.

I don’t know, I’m tired of the stigma. I’m tired of people’s ableism. I’m honestly clueless on how to survive this ableist society.

Sorry, I’m just tired of people’s stupid ableism and discrimination and all I want is out.

1 Like

I think there is a common mistake that people will judge you just cos your schizophrenic.
Surprise - Alot of people dont. Dont get into a victim mentality.

Using terms like “neuro-typicals” and “normies” immediatly puts up a barrier between us and them.

Mental illness is far more recognised these days.

I think I’ve been hurt too much and that’s why I can’t trust people.

I’m going to mention this to my pdoc.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.