Upset with my doctor

After having a lot of health problems such as hair loss, chronic exhaustion, and much more, I had some tests done.
Today, I went in for the results and my doctor says everything looks perfectly normal. Then he spontaneously said he was going to refer me to a psychiatrist. I couldn’t speak, because he kept interrupting me. He made me feel inferior and like I was speaking nonsense. I tried to ask him why but he gave me vague answers. He wouldn’t let me explain to him how futile psychiatry and therapy has been for me and that my physical health is the issue at hand.
He was very condescending and rude. I left in tears and I won’t be going back there again.

I’ve changed two doctors as they refused to look after my physical health putting it down to all mental illness problems. Finding a good doctor is really hard work but worth it.

1 Like

Psychiatric issues cannot cause hair loss.

It’s likely he had no clue what is wrong and didn’t want to admit it. He was condescending to you in an attempt to save face and not hurt his own ego. You’re making the right call changing doctors in my opinion. He sounds like an arrogant jerk.

2 Likes

sorry your have this. its hard to deal with, but dr sometime don’t know them selfs you my want to look on line …webmd

1 Like

I agree, and I don’t understand why some of them are just so mean.

1 Like

I think maybe he was thinking because stress and anxiety. However, seeing as I have not said anything to him about struggling with these things (even though I am) he really has no reason to be thinking this.
You’re definitely right, and I won’t be going back for sure.

1 Like