Update on my friend

My friend came by this morning. He has PTSD, and he said the voices were bothering him and needed to get out of his apartment. I really didn’t know people with PTSD can hear voices, but I told him about mine.

My sister is loaded with money and doesn’t need what little I have when I die. I’m going to talk to my friend about making him my beneficiary and payable-on-death person on my checking account. He’s poor and would be happy to have the $134.80 leftover from my insurance after they pay the funeral home, and whatever is left in my checking when I die.

The only other relative I have other than my sister is my cousin. I’m not very close to her and don’t know if she would need my money. My friend would probably scatter my ashes if I asked him though.

He’s ten years younger than me. We both have the same psychiatrist and live in the same building. He moved in a year ago when he started seeing my pdoc. We met in the doctor’s office.

6 Likes

We still seem to be interested in each other now that the novelty of the sex has worn off. He’s a sagittarius while I’m a gemini. We are supposed to get along well and be suited for marriage, if you believe in that stuff.

1 Like

That’s great you can support each other.

1 Like

Thanks Oolaloola. I was hoping to hear from someone with PTSD.

1 Like

I have ptsd and take a med for it.

1 Like

Does the med help with reliving memories, hearing voices?

1 Like

Yes very much so. My nightmares and traumatic memories have improved.

1 Like

@anon54988740 I have PTSD, was there something that you needed to know?

I see @anon78876561 has already answered your question… Doh!

2 Likes

I’m so glad to see you have a friend.

2 Likes

About the hallucinations, it also helped. I would hear voices in my sleep and wake up thinking someone was talking to me. The med helped that too.

1 Like

Glad to hear it helped. My friend just came by and said he’s out of meds. He may get some Monday.

1 Like

My friend just came by again this morning for some coffee. He was dressed up, and I told him he looked nice. We are snowed in, and our psychiatric care provider hasn’t been open all week. They are supposed to reopen Monday.

He asked me for some food, so I gave him some. I’m running low myself. He said he’s not feeling well this morning, but he’s out of meds.

I’m just hoping we will be able to get out Monday.

We talked last night, and he agreed to be beneficiary on my burial policy and checking account. He also said he would scatter my ashes when I die, which was a big worry for me. I don’t have many family or friends. Locally just a cousin, but I’m not very close to her.

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.