Update on little me

@Leaf and the others asking about me….

I’ve been home from the hospital a number of days now. I’ve had to go back a couple times for CT scans but have been able to return home. I’m really feeling better each day. I’m finally feeling my old self coming back after about three years. I was diagnosed two years ago with chronic pancreatitis, have spent weeks in and out of hospitals, and my surrounding organs were becoming infected and failing. I finally had my spleen, part of my pancreas, part of my stomach, and half of my colon removed on the 2nd of this month. I will always have type 1 diabetes and need pancreatic enzymes, as well as eat six meals and be on a very strict diet for the rest of my life. But that’s okay. Im learning how to take care of myself.

One plus is that I’ve been on oxycodone for three years now, and finally weaned myself off. I felt really terrible for several days but I’m officially much better now. The hospital offered it to me when I was discharged and I said no! Im so happy to be in the position where I can manage my pain without opioids.

Second plus is I’ve lost 47 lbs in the last few months. I’ve got 20 more to go to get to my ideal weight. Once I’m in full recovery, the doctor said I can get back to biking, which I’ve always loved, but have been unable to do. I can’t wait!

I’m finally feeling so much better and hope to every day. :grin:

20 Likes

Wow. So glad it turned out so good for you :+1:

2 Likes

Happy for you @anon78876561 . Good luck on your continuing recovery. :smiley:

2 Likes

oh man, that’s so sad you had to go through the surgery…glad you’re feeling better…sorry about losing some of your partial organs…

2 Likes

I’m glad you’re doing better!

This is great news!

2 Likes

I’m glad you are doing better @anon78876561
My thoughts and prayers are with you.
God bless

3 Likes

Hmm. . .

Feeling Good, And Better, And Hopeful, Is A Good Thing, Great Even, Be Well And Such |||+||| :smiling_imp:

2 Likes

Wow! That’s a lot of really impressive changes! Good job!!! I’m so happy for you!

2 Likes

So glad for you @anon78876561. Best wishes to your continued recovery.

1 Like

I’m so pleased to hear so are home and doing so well.

2 Likes

I’m so happy you’re finally home now! God Bless you and take care of yourself.

:hugs: from Jimmy and I.

2 Likes

I’m so glad to hear that you’re feeling so much better and that you’re looking forward to riding a bike again.

2 Likes

Good to hear from you and your on the path to wellness.

2 Likes

So glad things are turning out for the better. :slight_smile:

Wishing you a good post op recovery. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Glad you’re okay. All good news:)

2 Likes

I’m glad your feeling better.:slightly_smiling_face:

Enjoy your biking :biking_woman:!

2 Likes

Glad that you’re doing better @anon78876561

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.