Schizophrenia.com

Unrest inside

I feel unrest inside most of the hours of the day, and a feel to do things in a hurry sort of…not bein able to take things slow. I don’t know how to explain it properly.

I try to listen to meditation music, do breathing excercise and so on but I can’t be still inside.
Has anyone experienced this? What can be done? I have a calming medicine called Atarax but it only helps temporarily, this is something that goes on constantly. I can’t seem to watch a film or video more than 5 minutes before I get “itchy” in my nerves. There’s no peace…

Please I need advice in what to do.

You mean Akathisia (restless)?

You might want to check out taking cogentin it may help with the restlessness. Are you on any antipsychotics?

Yes, it’s restlessness sorry.

Yes, I’m taking Invega.

Invega made me extremely sensitive to caffeine, even low doses like in pepsi. Maybe try to eliminate anything caffeinated if you consume any

Benztropine (Cogentin) 2-4mg stopped my Latuda’s akathisia (resltless) but took 20-30min to work. I changed the antipsychotic and no more resltessness.

I have a restlessness inside of me. It’s one of the reasons I used to drink alcohol.

This topic was automatically closed 95 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.