University for those affected by psychosis

I was wondering if online courses make it easier for people affected by psychosis to get a degree.

Is this a major step forward?

4 Likes

Personally I deterioated. I sort of was a thinker. On the meds I am not, no curiosity no thinking. So what is the point of studying anything if that happens. You are just going to be mediocore at best at what you do. I studied before I ever knew what schizophrenia was. I don’t know what for anymore.

2 Likes

I got a Bachelor’s degree after psychosis. It’s doable but I did study part-time via distance learning.

Even years before my onset,
in college, I couldn’t study or write essays.
I was unable to focus and concentrate.

Now I’m on the opposite end.
I read all day without any problem.

1 Like

Be careful with online courses, check the free ones instead and once you at least seen them go buy some, but start with cheap ones.

I bought a few coding courses on udemy and I made a mistake of buying wrong ones, but at least they were cheap and I didn’t had any remorse after buying them.

1 Like

When I was at University to learn music my classical guitar teacher was going to cut me a break for being mentally ill and be more lenient but I failed out first semester which is sad because it would have been a great experience and I could have used the knowledge.$$$

Couldn’t find undergrad online degrees. And cognitive dysfunction doesn’t help.

Staying consistent is problem. It can work for neurotypicals. Even maintaining moral for online courses was difficult for me.

Online courses changed the game for me. When I was doing in person I got all B’s and C’s. When I did my online program I got all A’s with an occasional B. Of course I also was not on meds during my in person school and was on meds during online school so that made a big difference as well, lol. But overall I just liked online so much better and found it suited my learning style more.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 95 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.