Uninary incontinence

I have to go to the bathroom every hour ……maybe lithium is causing it or invega ….does any of you have uninary urgency and frequency ? Diapers leak ineffective

1 Like

Lithium causes polydipsia and polyuria (makes you thirsty and pee more).

2 Likes

Yea I believe lithium is a salt so I wouldn’t be surprised if it played some role in hydration

2 Likes

What is the alternative to tackle this issue ….lithium is helping my voices

What can I do now …I am thirsty all the time and also pee every hour ……can’t leave lithium it’s helping

1 Like

I think there is something like ‘bladder training’.

A trained professional teaches you physical and psychological techniques to help deal with the side effects of lithium

1 Like

Thanks for ur response

1 Like

I’m not sure… perhaps adjusting your sodium intake somehow could help? I have no idea. I’ve never taken lithium.

One thing I will say tho is don’t over hydrate

Hydration is the perfect balance of water, and electrolytes (salt, potassium, magnesium etc.)

It’s often the case that salts kick each other out of the body. That is if you take a lot of salt it will reduce your potassium levels and so on.

Perhaps taking lithium ( a type of salt) is removing potassium and magnesium calcium etc from your body, making you dehydrated.

If you drink just water it will do nothing but make you pee. You need to have water AND ELECTROLYTES.

The best way to get electrolytes as I know it is by eating enough fruit and vegetables. You can buy rehydration salts but they’re not as good getting it naturally. They’re slowly absorbed with vegetables and fruit and also come along with the other nutrients necessary for their absorbtion etc.

1 Like

I think you should talk to you gp about this, they could do some tests & try & find a treatment/solution.

2 Likes

Im constantly prone to urinary tract infections - and i do admit i wear adult pads from time to time. Costs a ruddy fortune, about 22 quid a pack. Slight cough and i leak. Dont reckon its my psych meds like the invega jab tho.

I did have a hernia operation years ago - and think thats got something to do with it.

Good job im not interested in a sex life at 50 this year :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

During my Googling about Invega, I read that people should be drinking more water on that drug. I already have diabetes and am thirsty all the time, so I’m reluctant to go on the drug like my doctor wants. I’m not sure if this info helps…probably not.

1 Like

I had urinary urge incontinence it was due to chlamydia for me according to the doctors. I was given antibiotics

1 Like

A urologist is giving me pills to shrink my prostate.
You might want to consult a professional.

1 Like

I have some issues, mildly. But I have a child, and a myoma, which doesnt help.

I think you need to see a doc and have a few things checked. Can be the lithium, or something else. It’s something you want sorted out, maybe there’s an easy solution, who knows.

1 Like