Unhealthy coping

Do you have any unhealthy coping things.

I have a few. One I’m embarrassed of. Just told my mom this weekend. I think it’s just from hallucinations etc.

1 Like

I need to stay away from binge eating if possible.

2 Likes

I crave sugar and white bread. It is unhealthy for me to eat as much of it as I do, but it tastes and feels nice.

2 Likes

Coffee caffeinated.

1 Like

I definitely do like pasta and white bread.
Have you ever heard a counselor tell you to try not to use headphones as a coping mechanism?? He said it was a unhealthy coping mechanism, grr. I like my headphones and music to help me drown my surroundings out.

1 Like

Cigarettes, caffeine, sweets, laziness, etc. Almost all of mine are unhealthy. Trying to work on it. What’s wrong with headphones?

Cigarettes my man, nothing cool about them, not even the menthol ones

1 Like

@tstripe, he just said it was an unhealthy coping mechanism. Well basically, he said I was running from my problems instead of coping with it. He just wants me to be able to go out in public without my headphones.
My argument to him is that if I drown everyone out, I can’t hear anything and I am slowly learning that people aren’t going to hurt me. And if I can’t hear people putting me down, then there is alot better chance of not setting the voices off from the start.

I try to sleep too much off.

I crave carbs when I’m upset.

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.