Unexplained smells

i woke up at 3am and there is this smell and i dont know what it is,

i tried to track it down but i cant seem to locate it, it smells like burning human hair but it cant be that,

i checked everywhere and now i think its in the air outside because its cold tonight maybe but it might just be me or something up my nose :frowning: its really strong, weird.

i often get cigarette smoke or perfume, i figure itā€™s some ghost hanging around, never worked out who it could be !!
take care

1 Like

My head is cross wired and some times a glitch will happen and Iā€™ll smell stuff that isnā€™t there. Also, if itā€™s cold, everyone is burning a fire and itā€™s easy to have a strong smell of smoke with no flame.

I hate it when that happens. I donā€™t sleep well on those nights as I just keep looking for the fire that isnā€™t there.

I get strong cigarette smoke with a distinctive odor(cannabis?). I donā€™t smoke or do dope.
Once my wife and i simultaneously smelt old fashioned perfume,

3 Likes

I used to smell hamburgers and freshly cut grass in the winter in the middle of class. Guess I was tripping out on a super daydream, I could smell summer in the middle of winter while bored in class!

Now my meds keep me from experiencing olfactory hallucinations. I used to sometimes have tactile hallucinations too. Hallucinations can happen in all five senses. People have even tasted things that werent there in reality.

1 Like

My brain will smell what it craves sometimes too. When I was finally serious about cutting out the whiskey, I smelled it all the time. My sisters perfume,ā€¦ I swear smelled like Jameson Irish Whiskey. I used to think she was wearing it to destroy me.

But no, it was just what my brain and body was craving.

2 Likes

I used to smell alcohol too. I smelled vodka in my water bottle sometimes while hitting the gym and tapering off of booze last summer.

Tactiles are the worst. Feeling spiders biting my balls while I was talking to a girl last year was kind of funny now that I look back

That sort of makes sense you know. Your with a girl, you are a guy, a thought crosses your mind and the head circus decidedā€¦ ā€œOh really now? Well, I know what part of the body to targetā€

Iā€™ve been finding my tactile hallucinations are linked to the stress levels too. When Iā€™m anxious about something, the tactile gets a bit nasty. Voodoo pin stabbies and skin bugs.

But when Iā€™m calm Iā€™ve been getting this nice one of just fingers gently running through my hair. It will put me to sleep oddly enough.

1 Like

Yeah I instantly figured out that my head circus was being clever and making want to pull down my pants and boxers and pull the spiders off of my scrotum. Good thing I didnt. LOL

Indecent exposure and definitely no chance for a date if I had done that. She concluded our conversation with ā€œI have a boyfriend thoughā€ anyways

1 Like

Sometimes my son will say he smells marijuana and on occasion alcohol. I thought the marijuana one was being caused by our cigarettes. Having a craving manifest itself as a sense of smell make sense. As always thanx guys for being here as it helps me understand things better.

1 Like

Several times at a house I lived at for for 4 years, I would get a sudden overpowering sickening sweet smell of roses. It didnā€™t help that I was alone every time, and one time while I went looking for the source, which was always in the kitchen area, our super long landline cord (you know, for those born after the '90ā€™s, itā€™s an old fashioned house phone wired to the wall, nothing cordless about it) so itā€™s this curling cord from our phone on the wall, about my head high and itā€™s touching the floor, it starts bouncing way up and down like a spring. I ran out of the house.