Uncontrollable Stress

I just had such a bad night. I felt like I was going to explode, I kept repeating I am going to stab you to death involuntarily because I thought that’s the way people were going to react to me for being like this. I could actually feel pressure in my skull from the stress, and the worst thing is I have no control over being like this. Calmed down a bit now but why do I have to put up with this ■■■■.

Sorry you had a bad night. Sometimes meds may be the answer. And deep breathing sounds stupid but it helps.

I also have bad nights it’s not as much stress as depression though.

I think stress would drive me nuts. I avoid stress a lot for a while now and not sure how I’d handle it nowadays.

Well I had a lot of stuff on my plate lately. I didn’t let myself get stressed. I didn’t let it consume me. I just did what I needed to do when it needed to be done and didn’t think about it otherwise and I managed to avoid a lot of the stress. And stayed decent state of mind other than this seasonal depression. I don’t know how I did it. I just kinda rolled around the edges of the stressful events.

Hope I’m any help at all

I think I have a misconception about the way people treat me.

1 Like

Ok, @Jonnybegood is right, breathing techniques can help! Try breathing in deeply and then exhaling slower than you inhaled. Focus on your breathing! Repeat, this…fo reals.

I suffer from insomnia, anxiety, night terrors and am a functioning insomniac. My diagnosis involves severe PTSD.

Sometimes, I honestly, feel out of control. This breathing grounds me. Also, posting and having friends respond here, helps, VERY VERY much. I’m cooking at the moment but am hear if you need a friend!

Also, please talk to your dr very seriously about this! Your life can be better!

Hugs,
Free

2 Likes

@anon98459728
The pressure on the skull happens to me, too! And there is no way to stop it! I hate that you struggle this way, and I wish I could take it all away for you.

Breathing exercises work for many people, as the others have said. My therapist taught me a few. Also, it sounds like you’re having more than just average stress. Maybe it’s time to talk to your pdoc about it. Perhaps a med adjustment would help.

Felt like I was having a panic attack but i think it was the sz. Cant stop feeling like people are going to give me abuse at every chance they get.

1 Like

Relax, it’ll be ok. I think most of us have felt that way at least a million times or two…

Are you in therapy? It has proved quite beneficial for me. I look at an emotional thought and then the evidence that supports it and if there could be a replacement thought.

I misperceive less than I used to, but still I have to catch myself at times. Tbh, when I have asked people, they usually have something entirely different on their mind. Unfortunately since I have ptsd, I have some justifiable paranoia. However, I can assume everything is in this world.

Seek help or if you want me to outline some pages from therapy thatve helped me I can later. Bout to go out.

Just try to look at things from a different perspective and see if it’s really worth your energy. :hugs:

I had occupational therapy recently, but that was mostly about work. Did a quick exercise on CBT and she gave me stuff I can work from home on.

1 Like

I have this from time to time too.

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.