UK risks following Nazi example on human rights

Yes, you keep repeating that ad infinitum. Just curious as to what things you are doing to make the world better besides venting your spleen on message boards? Volunteering at an animal shelter? Visiting seniors at a lodge and playing crib? Volunteering with youth? Even something as simple as taking a bag along to pick up garbage while out on a walk?

Anything? Bueller?

10-96

You have no idea. i am of service to my fellows in ways.

What have you done/are you doing exactly thatā€™s so great for humanity?

At least i can see this World for what it is - which is far more than can be said for the vast majority of peopleā€¦

Iā€™m not curing cancer, if thatā€™s what you mean. I am active in my community:

• Volunteer photographer at school
  • Volunteer school bus driver
  • Volunteer archery coach
  • Volunteer photography instructor for youth
  • Volunteer digital literacy instructor for youth
  • Volunteer at seniors lodge
  • Volunteer DJ at school dances
  • Volunteer 4-H leader
  • Volunteer Webmaster for several charities
  • Secretary for School Council (volunteer position)
  • Volunteer fundraiser for school and community projects
  • Volunteer photographer for Santa pics at X-mas

Iā€™m busy. I usually do at least twenty hours per week of volunteer work. I just keep doing what I can to make where I live better and hope that the positive ripples spread out, affect others, and encourage more positive ripples. If everyone could go out and do just one thing per week to improve their community, the world would suck less.

10-96

1 Like

Wonderful. Congratulations.

I try to see the world for what it can be.

Right back at ya.

10-96

Thereā€™s a quote that i canā€™t find - that says genuine change for the better has to start with fully acknowledging what is wrong & worst about everything. If the core problems are never admitted what then? Itā€™s just more of the endless Denial.

i canā€™t see fundamental/genuine change for the better, until some core issues are properly addressed.

Oh, I know whatā€™s wrong. I canā€™t do much about the religious whackdoodles beheading each other in the Middle East beyond casting my ballot responsibly. Or a great many other things. I am very much aware of what things are within my ability to change for the better, and I do so with gusto.

I can be this guy:

ā€¦or I can be this guy:

Better to go through the day with a bounce and a smile. :wink:

10-96

Great. iā€™ve not personally found a similar joy with it all - But i wish you well.

Someone talking sense -

ā€˜ā€™Much is made of ā€˜aspirationā€™ and this is usually defined by the armchair commentators as being an individual rather than a collective aspiration. I believe itā€™s time that we dedicated ourselves much more to ending the gross inequality in Britain, the homeless and housing crisis, and the need for a million people to use foodbanks just to survive. We should never be ashamed or afraid to stand up for the poorest and most marginalised. Let us dispense with inappropriate words like ā€˜handoutsā€™ in this debate. Welfare is a right that is about each and everyone of us being housed, educated, fed and kept in good health - the hallmarks of a civilised society" ā€“ Jeremy Corbyn