Uhoh...what to do? Colleague is giving people meds

Yes I was going to say the same thing.

2 Likes

Yeah, it was scary. Luckily, that was the only incident we had at the school the whole time I worked there. Everyone else was very on board with loving and supporting the kids.

2 Likes

Good. Happy you stood up.

1 Like

I contacted the guy. He said it was only 2 tablets. But still. Pfff…i didnt want to know. Now i need to report her and besides this, she is real kind.

1 Like

If she reported into me I would warn her that I knew what she was doing and that it wasn’t acceptable and not to do it again otherwise you’d report it.

Sometimes a friendly warning is needed for someone to realise. She might not strictly think what she did was wrong if she thought it was helping someone

3 Likes

Yes, i think it was because of her wanting to help. She should know though. I will sleep about it. It might harm people deeply and it was already the second time i caught her trying this, the first time half jokingly, but still clearly offering meds.

You have to report it to your boss. Cover your ass. Don’t take on a major risk for someone who has already broken the law.

2 Likes

I indeed think i have little choice but to report it, now that i “officially” (whatsapp) know. But two tablets is something different than supplying someone with meds for a year. I think the police is too much for such a thing. I will just ask my boss.

1 Like

Yeah, go to your boss first, and see what happens. They’ll probably be able to handle it for you. There’s probably a protocol for this.

1 Like

I would tell the police, normally I don’t like snithing but in this case it has to be done.

1 Like

I worked for a corporation that had a policy of giving no one any meds. That included aspirin. If you were caught, you’d be treated like a drug dealer. Period.

1 Like

Update - i informed my boss without a name. He must suspect who it is though. He referred me to another colleague responsible for such stuff and says the person who handed out meds might well be fired. :confused: I dont think it is kind of me to report, but i feel i need to. She is taking risks with clients.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.