Uhoh...what to do? Colleague is giving people meds

The trainer who gives courses for our clients/volunteers has given AP medication to a client without prescription. I heard her jokingly offer her ADHD meds to someone (colleague) as well.

Complicating factor: she knows private stuff of me too (nothing criminal or so, e.g. that i wanted to quit my job and wasnt fully content, which was a bit stupid of me to say, because after a good talk with my boss i decided to stay for now…she asked about it and i was honest).

What shall i do?

2 Likes

I’d stay out of it. They will eventually get what’s coming to them.

2 Likes

Report them to the police.

4 Likes

Geez, Marian, I have no idea.

Glad you addressed it.

2 Likes

Im hesistant…im the one who she is accountable to and who has to validate her payments.

I would feel guilty to report her to the police, but knowing this i do want to address it.

I think i want to talk to her first. We have a good working relationship. But wow…you cant just hand out meds to clients as a trainer… rolls eyes

2 Likes

I think you have a duty to go to the police. Not only is this illegal, but it is potentially harmful to clients. These are some really dangerous meds that should really only be prescribed when the alternative is worse. Psych meds are no joke. This woman could really hurt someone.

edit: Where is she even getting these meds from?

2 Likes

This is illegal and could get someone killed. You reported it to your boss? I think you also have a duty to report it to whatever advisory agency you answer to, and to the police. This is serious and could kill someone.

5 Likes

@anon73478309. I would let your boss know immediately and they can take it from there. In addition, to notifying your boss, you should also let your company’s Human Resources Dept know.

2 Likes

I have no clue how she got the seroquel. She works in psychiatry too, but shouldnt be able to randomly get meds? I warned the client not to accept meds anymore and will repeat that by WhatsApp, so i might get proof. I will discuss it with her and my boss and hrm.

2 Likes

I mean, it’s not like she’s handing out cough drops. She gave someone an antipsychotic and someone else a stimulant. That’s dangerous. These meds can fu-ck up your body even when you need them, and they can fu-ck up your mind when you don’t. There’s nothing okay about this, and letting it slide is a terrible idea. I don’t care who you are; if you’re giving people meds without a license, you are breaking the law and should be punished as such.

2 Likes

I once had to report a coworker for withholding food from a student who was misbehaving, and for taunting her about it. It was very scary, because I was new to the job and I didn’t want to cause trouble. But I’m glad I did. I reported it to my boss, and they took care of everything else. But if your boss tries to sweep it under the rug, that’s when you need to go higher up.

2 Likes

I think my boss will handle it well, i trust him with it.

2 Likes

What a bi-tch. How can someone believe that withholding food from a student is an acceptable form of punishment? It reminds me of that couple who punished their son by withholding water for 3 days. The poor boy died from dehydration in a first world country. God, some people just don’t need to be around children.

2 Likes

Let me talk with your manager

2 Likes

You also have to consider the fact that, as someone who knows about this, if you don’t report it and something bad happens to one of the clients, or someone else reports it, you could be charged criminally as an accessory. I’m glad you’re reporting it to your boss.

2 Likes

It’s highly illegal and she was fired immediately.

2 Likes

Yes, that is true. Pfff. What an idiot. I trusted her.

2 Likes

Thank God. I hope that poor student had some friends who shared their food with him.

2 Likes

In the moment, I stepped in and put a stop to it. She only had to wait like five minutes. Just long enough for me to get over the shock of what I was seeing. Still, it must have been traumatic for her.

2 Likes

Man, I’m so glad you were there. Some people are just awful, definitely don’t need to be doing anything involving children.

2 Likes