UConn huskies joining big east in basketball 🏀!

Wow this is amazing news. They used to be my favorite sports team until they started to suck when they joined a shitty conference. Now they’re back to the big east that’s sick.

1 Like

well good for UConn. this is bad news for the uc bearcats though. losing one of the marquee teams in the conference. the American gets worse and worse, hopefully they find another conference.

1 Like

Yeah American really is a shitty conference. Although UConn hasn’t been doing much for the conference anyways the last few years. Do you think UConn women’s is part of the reason we got invited?? And the history too.

1 Like

I went to UConn graduate school back in the 60’s. Flunked out due to mental illness.

Oh yeah I recall you saying. In storrs?? I saw my buddy up there a few months ago it’s very desolate in the wintertime. My dream was to go to UConn. I would’ve never got into substances as much as I did if I got into UConn I don’t think. It was crushing when I got deferred to another campus because it was always my dream and I felt I had the resume to get in. It steeered me on a bad path what happened. Maybe I’d still be an addict but it’d be different oh well can only live in the moment!!!

@Lifer this says a lot about our football team lol.

1 Like

im not sure, UConn has championships in men’s and women’s basketball this century, they are a good program. why would you not want them for basketball? the history helps, and they were big east mainstay for years prior to the American,…

in the American it will now be Cincinnati and Memphis that run the show, penny hardaway has a great recruiting class coming in. it’s really a lot like the old conference usa which included Louisville and Marquette. o and I forgot Houston, kelvin Sampson is a really good coach, he was my favorite coach of the hoosiers but he wasn’t around long.

We haven’t shown we can win with players not recruited by Jim Calhoun. Maybe it’s hard to get players to storrs but Calhoun knew which ones in the region and elsewhere he can get and develop and he was a genius. Until Hurley wins I’m not sure. Maybe Ollie was just really bad. Even tho he won a championship. I’ll give Hurley a few years to prove himself

1 Like

Yes, I only knew the Storrs campus.

1 Like

programs have ups and downs, but they’ve built a solid history they can pitch and the big thing is there is a lot of basketball talent in the northeast they can recruit. I think hurley will be fine and they should still be one of the better teams in the big east. 4 championships since 1999, is a lot better than my iu hoosiers have been able to do despite getting good recruits, sometimes over-rated recruits.

when it comes to IU mike davis set them back, he recruited the south, barely got anybody from basketball rich Indianapolis high schools. and he ran an iso offense in college that was just ugly to watch. then when crean rebuilt the program, early nba defections cost them a run at a championship. the new coach is struggling but for whatever reason IU is able to get recruits, mostly in state guys, but throughout the Midwest, once you’ve built a history and a loyal fanbase guys will want to play there. same thing applies for UConn.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.