Typical SZ or SZA are you typical symptom wise?

Have you ever been told you have typical or non typical symptoms? Once when I was hospitalized the Dr. Was whack and told me that first I wasn’t SZA because it’s a made up disorder and I didn’t have enough symptoms of typical SZ to be that either. Any stories to share?

2 Likes

I have to ask my doc if im a typical szphrenic. But from my previous visits and my docs face i can say she has no idea what i am.

1 Like

My pdoc says I’m a textbook case of sza depressive type, so I guess that means I’m typical?

2 Likes

I’ve been told, I was a classic case of sz

2 Likes

Told that i had good prognosis, I have undifferentiated sz & for the first 6 months, psych thought it was psychotic depression

1 Like

I was at the end of the labels when I was diagnosed. I was trying to pick a blend because there were these 5 archetypes of schizophrenia. I was curious because I didn’t hear voices to be plain old paranoid schizophrenia. Years later. After years of meds and symptoms I’m thinking it’s just bang on the money!

It’s all about treatment these days anyways so I’d say typical is paranoid. Everyone else. Depends on your symptoms.

I was told that few people are textbook cases. I don’t know if that’s really the case or not. When I read about sza, I fit everything pretty well.

1 Like

Everyone with sz-sza have a mind of their own, their are very few textbook cases, this can make diagnosis difficult.

2 Likes

Being typical means showing all symptom or sz?

I’m Atypical because my symptoms include a lot of bipolar symptoms.

1 Like

I think that I am a pretty atypical case because I don’t hear very clear, audible voices. My voices only mumble incomprehensibly. But, I fit the description of sza, bipolar type because I get paranoia, delusions, mindreading, telepathy type symptoms, all forms of hallucinations, and all of the mood symptoms, when not on meds.

It is a controversial diagnosis. Some people think it should be removed from the DSM.

1 Like

i know i have sz. mania, psychosis, delusions, my voice speaking to me in third person.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.