Two week notice

Well I worked up the nerve to walk in the bosses office and drop my notice. My last day working for the IRS will be 2/26. I see my PDoc that morning.

Then the next day I will begin the drive to California. I have found a studio and a one bedroom apartment I am looking at online. Will rent one of them.

Start the new job March 2nd. I took a similar job at the same base in 2013 and I only made it 6 weeks at that job.

We will see how it goes. Back into aviation and the defense industry.

11 Likes

you are like a shining God to me !! Good for you !! You are fearless !! I am being sincere…just had to get that all out before I say I hope you are successful and stay there…if the job sticks will you move your wife out there?

3 Likes

My wife says she isn’t coming but that’s why I am thinking about spending extra for the 1 bedroom. It will be more comfortable for her if she comes to visit.

She may change her mind. She hates being alone.

3 Likes

Hope it goes well for you. Great work on getting back to work.

2 Likes

Best of luck to you! How is your wife handling it?

2 Likes

My wife still says I can’t go. She wants me to go back on SSDI and just stay home. Says she doesn’t care about money.

This is my chance to get back in the game. I have been out of the industry for the most part since I got sick in 2008. It’s 2020 almost 12 years later. Opportunity may not knock again. I have to try it.

She says I won’t make it.

2 Likes

I believe in you. Honestly, maybe it will be good for you to get away from her for a bit. She bullies you.

2 Likes

A partner should inspire you to do your best. I’m worried that she’s toxic.

I’m super duper proud of you, though. You’re brave!

2 Likes

I have failed at every job I have had since I got sick. There were a lot of them. In my current job I am failing in 3 critical areas and am still on probation. I don’t really know whether or not I would have made it through the first year and now I will never know.

But I already know how to do pilot stuff and this is a non flying job in the middle of the desert so there aren’t a lot of healthy pilots lined up wanting this job. They would rather be flying. So if I can do it it’s a good deal for me.

3 Likes

If you fail at this job, you can always go back on SSDI, but maybe you’ll be making even more since you’ll have paid more into the system.

1 Like

That said, I think you’ll succeed.

1 Like

I wish you success. You are one of the few people in this forum able to work. Once you get stable, your wife can move there with you.

2 Likes

Go for it @TomCat You might live to regret it if you don’t as it could be a great opportunity

2 Likes

My wife is telling me I can’t go. I already quit my other job. This is a predicament. I guess I will have to go beg social security for my SSDI back again.

I had a good little run of working. Almost a year.

1 Like

Good luck. I applied to a coop at a big company near my hometown. We will see if I get it and if I get it if I can handle it

2 Likes

Dude, just go. You’re an adult. You can do it.

1 Like

Go for it I say, I think you can do it!

2 Likes

One week to go at work. Then I have to move. My wife still says I can’t go. She doesn’t want to live alone. Today is our anniversary. 27 years married.

1 Like

Just take her with you. She can go there as little vacation. California has a lot to offer.

1 Like

Well today I asked my boss if I can stay. He said it’s up to the territory manager so he couldn’t give me an answer. I am not sure what she will say. Don’t know her too well. She is out of Dallas. I have only seen her twice.

I didn’t even tell my wife I did this. She will be happy if I stay or if I go to California I will double my salary so I guess it’s fine either way.

If I go to California I am going to rent a small apartment. If I stay here I stay in my 3000 square foot house on a lake with a pool and a hot tub.

1 Like