Twins that never get schizophrenia

I grew up with two identical twins which never develop schizophrenia one suffers with depression I think it’s a bunch of hype when one twin is opposed to the other these two twins went through changes cosmetically just to be different I think the body has a tendency to be more vain and the Brain to the twins are doing fine with families of Their Own with no children so far with schizophrenia

2 Likes

I don’t understand how identical twins don’t both get schizophrenia if one of them has it.

1 Like

Twins look the same but their brains are not wired the same.

3 Likes

I think I read that they have a 50% chance of having sz, same as if both parents have sz. Some sources also said 40 and 60%.

1 Like

I knew a girl who was an identical twin and she had sz while her twin did not. Unfortunately, in her psychosis, she repeatedly stabbed her twin with an ice pick. Luckily, her sister survived. The twin with sz had to stay in a state psych hospital for 6 years.

1 Like

Geez, that’s terrible. :astonished:

1 Like

Yeah that 50% chance of a twin having sz is part of why the environment vs brain wiring theories are still being studied so much. Otherwise, if one twin developed it, it would be 100% chance of the other too, and it just isn’t that way (thankfully). I even read that it’s a 50% chance of a twin developing sz even if they are raised separately, like in another part of the world.

1 Like

I think it’s because it’s not purely genetically determined. I mean it’s an illness, the way I see it is it’s like a broken psyche.

We can be born with a predisposition to have a fragile psyche but whether it breaks or not is another matter.

Its like both twins being born with frail bones. They both might have frail bones but whether they actually break a bone is another matter.

That’s my 2cents anyways haha hope you’re doing good @everyhopeful

2 Likes

Yeah, that’s a very good way of looking at it. Thanks @ThePoet

Thanks man I know very little about so but that’s just how I view it.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.