Trying to keep myself from shutting down

-$160 for the month from managing bills. Not trying to spend extra on unnecessary just trying to manage symptoms and make it through the day. Soon I’ll announce to friends and family that I have other obligations and I do not have the extra time to participate in activities until my responsibilities are met for the month and if they want my spare time they need to call in advance, explain the activity and understand I don’t have the mentality or the funds for impulsiveness. Because these impulsive activities are driving me insane but I accept being predictable and easily drawn into bullsh*t. So the only way for me to get my point across is to say no or to not answer phone calls unless it’s an emergency because when I relapse and go into psychosis nobody knows how to deal with the situation calmly.

• Lala road to recovery
2 Likes

Yes, sometimes you have to be assertive.

2 Likes

Sometimes you really benefit from saying “no”.

1 Like

Thanks I’m noticing when people talk to me my speech is* real disorganized. Only reason I can type is bc I can erase and take my time to reply. I’m starting to mumble and speak real fast and I know my symptoms before I go into full blown psychosis. After rapid speech I start laughing for no apparent reason and ignoring basic questions. Right now I’m keeping my headphones bc I hear too many things talking at one time and I can’t filter what’s real and what isn’t.

I’m trying not to panic and I usually start laughing to keep myself from freaking out but people around me see that as kind of creepy so I’m just trying to keep my composure. So I’m just keeping my head phones in me until someone gives me non verbal ques.

I laugh for reasons that are valid but not apparent to other people. I do that too, I just did it on skype with family. Well that’s good that you know your prodromal symptoms (prodromal is like about to relapse). You’re not insane, insane people usually aren’t consciously trying hard to avoid psychosis.

1 Like

You just don’t know how comforting it is from what you said. Thank you :heart: yeah family hate when I laugh. They feel offended like I’m laughing at them and during that moment I don’t have the time to explain. And I’m trying to keep myself calm. So I usually have to isolate for a few minutes. So far I’m ok but I don’t want it to hit me out of no where. I only had 1 incident like that (unable to prevent) 2013 years ago and I was hospitalized for 2 weeks.