Trying to find a Job

Yeah, what shocked me is that I actually got the job. There was over 300 applicants and they only hired 20 something people. I haven’t worked in about 17 years and have no experience, my resume sucks, but I made a good impression on the telephone interview so they hired me. Made me realize anything is possible.

It is relaxing, it doesn’t even feel like a job. And I only deal with happy customers. People get so excited when they get a package… “My new phone is here!!!”, or whatever they say depending on what they ordered.

2 Likes

‘haven’t worked in 17 years…’

‘over 300 applicants…’

Good on you.

And yea, that’s the spirit…

@Headspark

1 Like

best of luck with finding a new job @Zoe
I hope you will succeed =)

1 Like

Thanks so much Lekkerhondje :smiley:

1 Like

Currently looking at job interview questions.
hobbies and interests?

i put pilates brisk walking painting drawing

what are your hobbies and interests i need more …

oh and i also put one more as interest but private

mindfulness,:slight_smile: as well,…

Not a good idea to skip breakfast @Zoe

What I used to do when I was off meat was put uncooked oatmeal in a cup in the fridge with sweetened soy milk overnight. Its quick and healthy light breakfast.

1 Like

yea,that actually sounds really nice,sort of like bircher muesli,

1 Like

I tried calling a few times DOR and ticket to work and got no response. I figure they’re too busy or something or COVID and they are sort of useless to me which is sad.

1 Like

keep trying Johnny with the job search :),only if you can ofcourse

1 Like

you know what, the worst question to prepare for is your best achievements at work ://///

If you can’t think of anything say providing excellent customer service to every customer, or getting along well with everyone and building a strong team at work

1 Like

Thankyou,yea getting on with the team is a good one!

I was thinking more about the customers but i guess good teamwork is important as it helps to build the right atmosphere in the shop where i worked and makes it easier to get thing done smoothly

Sending all the good vibes I can!

1 Like

Thankyou so much Pixel! :))

I’ve got a 3 day cleaning trial next Friday to Saturday.

They are not the worst of companies so I suspect that I will really need to impress them as someone with only 2 months cleaning experience.

I would be okay to accept this job although it’s vulnerable to the covid situation.

So I will keep looking in the meantime for less covid vulnerable jobs

What therapy? Does it help?

It is group therapy. Yea it’s good. I like it because it’s officially a course on managing psychosis but it feels more like group therapy cos it’s therapeutic. :smiley: no question ever feels like a silly question.
Next Wednesday is the last session.

I was due to start one to one therapy in August but I have to cancel it due to work.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.