Trying to develop a new hobby

Most old Chinese people develop new hobbies once they retired. The hobbies they usually choose include caligraphy, photography, painting (water colors), playing Guqin (a kind of music instrument). Now I am getting old and I am going to develop a hobby which is hairdressing! Yyyyyes, I want to be an amateur hairdresser for fun!

I have ordered some books and videos about haircut. Also I would buy some fake haired-heads from online shops to practice the basic cutting. Once I am ready I will try it on my sisters’ hair. And then persuade some old women to get free haircut from me!

Does this idea sound crazy??

10 Likes

Sounds like a good idea, no shortage of hair to cut

2 Likes

I agree it sounds like a brilliant idea !

2 Likes

Have fun. My new hobby is reading. I’m a little obsessive about it. There’s a book I’m waiting for and it’s driving me nuts. A long time away from books. I forgot the joy of reading. Didn’t know what I was missing. It’s a great way to be with people without being with people.

2 Likes

Wow! I would never have thought of this as a hobby for myself but you know what…It sounds good. Have ever wanted to be a hairdresser before this or is this a newly emerged interest? You should come back to the western world and see if you can convince our elderly that there are more hair styles than granny curls.

2 Likes

It sounds nice. Bravo

2 Likes

you are right, I had ever wanted to be a hairdresser when I was at university because I hated the hair styles the hairdressers gave me which looked like either a middle aged woman or a boy. I always wanted to be a good hairdresser since that time.

2 Likes

I don’t think it sounds crazy at all :slight_smile: It sounds like a pretty solid and good hobby to learn.

1 Like

Nope, doesn’t sound crazy. You sound really excited about it. Hope it works out for you and you find lots of people to try your new skills on.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.