Trying not to mess it up

So that girl I was talking to got out of the hospital and she and I have been texting. I might be seeing her this weekend but it just depends on how she’s feeling. She’s been really depressed and she is sza so she deals with negative symptoms. I told her that I deal with it too and that it won’t bother me. I’m trying not to be crazy or possessive or whatever, so i’m giving it room to breathe. So yeah, it’s been like 18 hours since her last text and I’m just waiting on her to say something. I figure you guys could give me relationship advice so I don’t ■■■■ this up while I’m waiting. I hope I haven’t messed it up already, but that could just be my negative self talk coming into play… i think she likes me. We talk every day, it’s just that she hasn’t responded to my texts in a bit so i’m nervous. We talked last night and she said that if her med change works and she is feeling better that we can hang out this weekend. Anyway, I’m just looking for thoughts and advice…

3 Likes

Play it slow… but not too slow.
A lot of women and men don’t like desperation

3 Likes

I’d give her space, wait for her to contact you. If she’s been experiencing negatives, she probably feels easily suffocated. I wouldn’t take her silence personally.

Maybe check on her in another day if you haven’t heard anything, but don’t continue to text if you don’t hear back.

I’m dealing with someone currently who doesn’t know that “I need space, please stop texting me” means to stop texting me, and constantly hearing from him means he will never hear from me again now.

3 Likes

Yeah that’s good advice, thank you

1 Like

I’m kind of nervous. I saw that girl today. She told me about aliens and stuff and I told her about numbers and 36 and all of that. I’m just afraid that I scared her off. She hugged me before she left and I texted her after she left and I said I’m sorry if I scared her and that it was great getting to see her and she said it was awesome to see me. I’m just nervous that I messed it up somehow…

@Zoe what do you think?

1 Like

Doesn’t sound like you messed it up. She even gave u a goodbye hug. And responded to you after you messaged her. Sounds positive to me, so far.

It’s nice that you can be open to each other about ur conditions and understanding of the sensitivity behind the experiences.

Time will tell how it continues but today certainly felt like a good day for you so there’s that :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

The fact that you’re nervous that you may somehow have messed it up is just a sign you care

1 Like

I’m hoping she sends me another text tonight. It would make me feel better about everything

1 Like

Like @fractaled said above, don’t be worried if she does not message you tonight.

Because this girl clearly is dealing with things where new people are a challenge atm even if they are lovely.

But you never know she might.

Sounds like the meet up went well though try to relax and focus on that and other stuff.

I would really only start to get curious after about a week from today, if she hasn’t texted, considering her current circumstances :+1:

1 Like

I said this, but I’m starting to realize it’s him specifically I needed space from. But yea, don’t be too demanding of her time. It does sound like everything is going well though and what you’re experiencing is anxiety, which often misguides us. You’re doing fine. Relax and let it happen naturally.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.