Trying coffee without sugar

My gums have been inflamed for a few months. This is not funny as it may end up affecting my teeth. So I decided to reduce sugar from my life. I am trying to drink coffee without sugar. Hope this habbit will help with the health of my teeth.

But I still put milk into my coffee.

12 Likes

If you’re missing the sweetness, adding some cinnamon or vanilla can help give it that extra something without adding any sugar.

6 Likes

This is a good advice. I will look for it next time I go to the grocery.

3 Likes

Haha green6 … i am having black coffee with sugar in it …!!! With out sugar its tastes lifeless… hope u can cut sugar out of ur life… its also good for maintaining sugar level in our body too…!!!

3 Likes

I like sugar, too. But I have no choice but cut it out because tooth inflammation is too painful and costly for me.

3 Likes

I think you will get used to it. I always used to have one sugar in my coffee and now I have none. I don’t miss it anymore I love the coffee how I have it. I couldn’t go back to having sugar in it.

1 Like

I see. Your experience gives me some light. I hope I will get used to it soon.

1 Like

I cut out sugar in tea and can no longer have sugar in tea

3 Likes

It’s nice seeing you got out of the bed and post on this forum. Good morning to you, my friend. Wish you a nice day today.

1 Like

I’m going to have a cup of coffee without the coffee. Seriously! But mouth problems are horrible. Good luck to you. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Thanks @green5 have a nice day
:hugs:

1 Like

I like my coffee black. You have to acquire the taste for it. But it’s good once you get used to it. I drink 6 to 8 cups every morning.

3 Likes

It’s a taste I got used to too. It gives you that energy boost in the morning and is ultra low calorie which is great if you are on antipsychotics.

3 Likes

I have cut sugar from my diet. Any carbs I have are whole grain too. Take no sweetners either. No sugar in coffee and tea was hard at first but is worth it. Tea with no sugar is more refreshing I think.

Thing is though cutting sugar is really hard. That stuff is addictive.

1 Like

Do you floss? Not flossing is one of the big reasons people get inflamed gums. I had it for months and then started flossing. I bled a lot in the beginning and then my gums got better. My dentist told me to do it and not to worry about the bleeding.

3 Likes

Try it with milk. it tastes really good.

3 Likes

It’s really important to floss to reduce gum Inflammation and bacteria, not just from a dental hygiene standpoint but also to reduce the chance of bacteria migrating to other parts of the body such as the heart.

5 Likes

I take my coffee without sugar, just some whole milk.
It’s a good habit to stay away from sugar.

3 Likes

@green5, I would go to the dentist if I were you. Inflamed gums is no joke. It’s really, really important to floss every day too. This prevents inflamed gums. But if they are already inflamed, you need to see a dentist.

2 Likes

Acrylamide! It is in the news. “There’s a chemical in coffee that may cause cancer.”
They say tea (especially green tea) is a better alternative.

1 Like