TRY THIS - Folate

I just recently had a micronutrient profile done to see if I was deficient in any vitamins and minerals and one of the things it tested for was Folic Acid. It turns out that according to the test I have 2 genetic mutations inherited from my parents (one from my mom and one from my dad) that cause me to be 70% unable to convert folic acid into folate, which is vitally important for the production of neurotransmitters such as dopamine and serotonin and also Glutathione. I bought some folate from a drug store and it had a dramatic effect on my negative symptoms and brightened my general outlook on things and my mood in general. It could not be any more harmless and there are no side effects at all, it works very gently but is powerful at the same time. Apparently it is effective for depression as well. One dose lasts for several days but it is recommended that you take it once a day. Apparently a good percentage of people have at least one of these mutations or both, you can have the test done through Spectracell (http://www.spectracell.com/patients/patient-micronutrient-testing/). I think it costs several hundred dollars but it’s worth it to find out if you have this mutation!

3 Likes

Tried it. Didn’t really do anything for me tried folic acid for months and also tried L METHYLFOLATE for 4 weeks.

It sounds nice on paper but I’m a little skeptical about it in the alternative meds realm

My doctor is checking my Folic Acid levels as part of a complete blood test

Folic acid is really important for women of childbearing age. It is part of DNA synthesis and red blood cell growth.