Trump tries to speed up pharma trials

You mean the guys is not all bad? You just shattered my belief system.

2 Likes

The statistic I saw said 10% were successful. I think @MeghillaGorilla1 is talking about the number that try but that may or may not successfully kill themselves.

2 Likes

Wouldnā€™t you rather have effective meds that have minimal side effects? Surprised you of all people donā€™t care for quality control when you say it impacts your life so much.

4 Likes

Streamlining a process does not necessarily mean cutting corners and compromising on quality. Not sure where this comes from. Note that in the relevant speech Trump also emphasizes the prices of medication being too high, stressing that pharmaceutical companies just have to find a way to bring them down. Iā€™m having a hard time twisting these statements into a picture that has him conspire together with Big Pharma against the poor patients.

1 Like

http://1boringoldman.com/index.php/2017/01/31/call-me-maybe/

I think youā€™ll need to wait and see what this involves before jumping to any conclusions.

1 Like

Iā€™m starting to get desperate from the side effects

whats with the 1010101010?

Wait so because of bad side effects youre desperate to get meds with less screening-i.e. possibly worse or just as bad side effects? Wha :worried:

2 Likes

maybe more dangerous ones long term with less bad side effects yes

lets just say that Iā€™m not as concerned about the long term safety profile as I am getting a new drug that is an antipsychotic with no weight gain or eps. If it happens to cause spinobiffida long term ill cross that bridge when I get to it

Then I suppose itā€™s a good thing the people in charge of releasing drugs donā€™t share your view. Long-term side effects can be much more dangerous.

4 Likes

Better meds would be great. But what really needs to happen is changes to insurance. My insurance wont cover my Invega or my Antidepressant/OCD med and they have been the only things that work for me after running the gammit of my pdoc changing meds for years. Im finally on a consistent cocktail for awhile that is working and my coverage wont pay for what actually works. Makes me want to pull my f*cking hair out. Id be afraid a new cure all pill would get approval and we never get to take because insurance companies wont usually cover a new med, new meds are expensive and they only see dollars. The Insurance industry is the biggest bunch of crooks out there and they control every aspect of our society. Trump needs to do something about that.

1 Like

If that means we can get min-101 faster that makes me very happy! A 15 year approval process is way too long for any med anyways

Those that suffer from anhedonia and the other debilitating negative symptoms just cant be waiting for that long before having some kind of relief from this hell

1 Like

They canā€™t be more dangerous then the way I feel taking the current meds. Symptoms barely under control and complete brain fog and discomfort.
No wonder people stop taking their meds. Not to mention we donā€™t really know what the long term side effects of antipsychotics are, oh yea, tardive dyskinesia. Thatā€™s just a permanent movement disorder, i.e. Brain damage

I understand your frustration, but speeding up the approval process has a lot of potential to push through drugs with even worse side effects.

3 Likes

I donā€™t think that just anybody will start making psych meds. I still think that they will have strict guidelines, but somehow I feel like itā€™s a good idea to cut out a few years of the process. 15 years is a long time to wait for a new medicine. Maybe with this new technology they will be better at screening the various meds quicker than they used to allowing them to expedite the process.

Maybe Trump has a family member with schizophrenia, or a friend, or both?

Come on Trump, lets create some proper antipsychotics!

1 Like