Trump / FDA Rules - What if the Free Market Decided Whether or Not Drugs Work?

First and second generation migrants living in mixed ethnicity urban areas have been found to have as much risk of developing schizophrenia as second degree relatives.

http://www.schizophrenia.com/research/hereditygen.htm

http://schizophrenia.com/sznews/archives/005865.html

Now, I don’t know much about genetics, but those genetic risk factors seem to decrease rather dramatically to me. Such that occurrences like myself, where none of the family members covered in those statistics (and then some more) have developed it, can hardly be accounted for by inherited genes I’d say. But then there’s mutations of course. And then we might just be back at environmental factors.

I think it’s like a ten percent chance for a child to inherit sz if one parent has it. My dad never had it but many of his relatives did, as well as a few of my mother’s relatives. With that kind of genetic background I think it would be irresponsible for me to have kids, i feel like the illness is so deeply entrenched in my genetics. Of course many cases of sz appear with no family history, in that case maybe there is a lower risk of passing it on (I’m not sure).

I personally don’t think that I would pass this ■■■■ on.
But then again I’m kind of a mutant because no one in my family has ever had a psychotic disorder it was only through drugs and bad experiences that I developed this illness. I don’t know if you have it for long enough maybe your speem mutates and you give it to your kids. I wouldn’t be suprised at this point it’s taken everything else from me. Literally one of the worst things that can happen to a poor person.

Here is the latest on this topic:

Pharma industry shuns Trump push for radical shift at FDA

1 Like

If this was 30yrs ago I’d be scared because of the side effects of them old drugs. But now days the latest drugs don’t have as bad side effects as old antipsychotics. I just hope they can get a move on and create “THE ULTIMATE ANTIPSYCHOTIC!”