Trimethylglycine - a type of Betaine: This Supplement treats schizophrenia in mice, restores healthy "dance" and structure of neurons

Hi, @far_cry0 , how are you.145

2 Likes

@anon68148378 ā€¦i am doing pranayam ā€¦do you do it ā€¦

1 Like

No, but i do morning walk daily.

2 Likes

try deep breathing method of pranayam if u like and can ā€¦ it definetly helpsā€¦ if you have money try TMG this thread is about it ā€¦ read all the reveiws ā€¦ i think if i have some finance i might try it ā€¦

1 Like

I am taking Amulspride 100 mg and Dayo 250 mg every night. I donā€™t take any supplements. My mental health is currently good to best. I have little residual symptoms of SZ. I am in healing.

2 Likes

what is dayo ā€¦Generic nameā€¦

1 Like

Dayo is Divalproex prolonged release tablets IP.

1 Like

Iā€™m still taking tmg 1000mg, but donā€™t think itā€™s really doing anything.

3 Likes

After taking TMG do workout or other energy demanding works. You can notice increased energy and motivation. Vitamin D also give similar effect.

Its best to take it when needed only I mean when need to do some energy demanding work, social situation etc. Also useful when have depressed mood. Useful for improving libido also.

Taking daily might reduce its effectiveness also if take it continuously can disrupt night sleep as this stuff gives energy. Bit like a stimulant. For me the effect last almost 1 full day and half thus this stuff can easily mess with sleep. May be reducing the dose can help. I tried with 500 mg and still pretty strong.

2 Likes

Ok. Ive just taken 2000mg. So double dose. Lets see if that gets my neurons dancing :roll_eyes:

Ok, 2000mg seemed to act a bit like L-theanine for a while but even that effect faded fast.

One thing I will say, is if you have intrusive thoughts, this might help.

Iā€™m afraid for me, this doesnā€™t really give me anything extra on the supplements Iā€™m already taking.

You win some, you lose someā€¦

3 Likes

Take it with Vitamin D3 preferably 10,000 IU you can notice amplified effect. Anyway I not suggest taking 2000 mg TMG per day. 500 mg itself is enough for most people.

Also the main thing to notice the effect is to do some activity which require physical effort like workout. For example if you able to do 10 reps then after taking this you can do 15 reps easily. Reason is more blood flow, more cellular oxygenation etc.

3 Likes

I just took 100mg, 500mg is way too much.

The effects lasted me 3-4 days, so Iā€™ll take it every now and then.

Be careful because it can raise bad cholesterol.

Iā€™m sensitive to things, I guess thatā€™s how I roll lol

1 Like

researchers concluded that the supplement likely protects proteins that build neuronsā€™ cellular skeletons.

If the researchers are right about how it works, it doesnā€™t seem like something that would help very much after just a few doses. It seems like the kind of thing you would have to take over time. However the original research in mice was with a specific gene mutation so it might not do this cellular skeleton protection thing in the neurons of people who donā€™t have that mutation. (Or it might, I donā€™t know.)

Bran cereal has a pretty fair amount of betaine (TMG) in it too, I found.

2 Likes

Just got mine today took it about 40 minutes ago and it does work for me I like it I been a little more active and my mood and depression is feeling better so I would recommend it give it a try

1 Like

@twinklestars

Iā€™ve ordered wheat bran, it will arrive in an hour.

But I canā€™t imagine wheat bran having the same effect some how.

Wheat bran has 410 mg per 100 grams. Of course, 100 grams of wheat bran is a heck of a lot of wheat bran. But you could make muffins, eat bran cereal etc. Apparently bran cereals are the major dietary source of betaine in the west.

Quinoa also has a lot (630mg per 100 grams). I donā€™t know if thatā€™s prepared weight or dry weight.

1 Like

Can u send a link to the information you provided? Iā€™m trying to find out how much betaine in wheat bran but Iā€™m getting inconsistent results.

Thanks if u can.

1 Like

I forgot to add my wheat bran turned up yesterday. I took some last night and slept well but I donā€™t know if i slept well from the tmg tablets or the wheat bran.

I got 400 grams of organic wheat bran, and Iā€™m taking about 15-20 grams.

Itā€™s nice tasting, kinda melts in your mouth as you chew it and it lightly bitter but not much. It will go good with oat meal and smoothies. Otherwise Iā€™ll just eat it straight, with water.

Itā€™s with a try. Itā€™s cheap. I paid Ā£5 for mine.

1 Like

I just got it from Wikipedia (which got it from the USDA)

1 Like