Trimethylglycine - a type of Betaine: This Supplement treats schizophrenia in mice, restores healthy "dance" and structure of neurons

500mg is enough for me.

2 Likes

@Longamor

How are you feeling from the tmg?

2 Likes

It made me drowsy and dopey when I took 1000mg, had to have a long nap. So Iā€™ll be taking it at night instead. It really does provide an excellent, upbeat mood. Less social anxiety as well. I fit in well at a little get together and had no problems socially. I am taking it for the social effects so I am pleased so far. Will update with how it feels in a week or so.

4 Likes

Curses ! Iā€™ve ordered 1000mg capsules. Iā€™ll see how I get on when they arrive. I might have to order 500mg capsules.

Then again, feeling drowsy and dopey might be good too !

2 Likes

Just fyi

Iā€™ve ordered tmg (betaine anhydrous) not tmg (betaine hcl).

I donā€™t think the hcl version is good for your stomach and also not the one used in the study.

1 Like

I got the same kind as you did, tmg betaine anhydrous. It also says on the bottle to take it with food, which I didnā€™t, so that might have made the side effects stronger, I am thinking. I will be taking it with food from now on.

2 Likes

Man this stuff helps you sleep.

2 Likes

Does TMG help with positive symptoms or is just good for anxiety?

2 Likes

Hmm thinking about trying it too.

I used to drink beet juice but then I got a bad batch and now I canā€™t stand the smell of it. Beet juice is great until you have brilliant pink explosive liquid sh*ts.

Sorry to anyone who was having a meal.

2 Likes

My TMG arrived today.

Iā€™ll take some later this evening and report back.

2 Likes

Ok. Iā€™ve just taken 1000mg. Lets see how this pans out !

4 Likes

Right. 2 hours later. 1000mg TMG.

No sedation
Slightly clearer head
Slightly better mood
Slightly more energy

Not a game changer for me. BUT Iā€™m already taking supplements that give me a clearer head,better mood and more energy. So if I wasnā€™t taking those Iā€™d be pretty happy with it.

I wonder would this supplement be good for people with intrusive thoughts as it does seem to cut down on ā€œthought-chatterā€ for me.

2 Likes

3 hours later, things seem to have returned to the way they were before I took TMG. So the effects only lasted 3 hours for me.

Iā€™m taking abilify so I donā€™t know if thatā€™s the reason I had such a lacklustre time with it.

2 Likes

After 3 days I developed a headache so I stopped. Iā€™m not sure if the headache was caused by tmg, but itā€™s a shame cause I liked it.

I may only take one every week rather than everyday.

But Iā€™m not sure if I will continue.

Interesting stuff

1 Like

Just ordered some from Amazon hopefully they can help with this depression

1 Like

@Thesickguy

They do help with depression in my case but I was only mild depressed.

I donā€™t think you should take too much, everyone has a different tolerance though. I might take it every now and then, but Iā€™m not sure. Iā€™ll try it again in a few months

2 Likes

@Green I also only suffer mild depression so I think I will start out on only 500 mg like you and see were it goes

2 Likes

I took another 1000mg today. I donā€™t know if itā€™s placebo or not,but it might be helping my motivation. The effect it has on me is subtle though.

4 Likes

@everhopeful that sucks that it didnā€™t do nothing for you

2 Likes

Try deep breathing slowly start from 5 minutes to 30 minutesā€¦ avoid meditation ā€¦

try it if u dont get psychotic ā€¦ i have been doing it for 15 days(Gradually)ā€¦ it works ā€¦ but not a magical cure ā€¦ please googlr ā€¦ā€™ā€™

schizophrenia and pranayam(deep breathing) avoiding meditation ā€¦ meditation made my symptoms worse to super worse ā€¦

Guys pls try ā€¦Kindly Google itā€¦

2 Likes