Triggers - not only TV but books too

Don’t worry sir… the sleeves will ride up with ware. (I love that classic line.)

Books or movies, much the same, but we also should watch for hidden (or not so hidden) messages…
Independence Day or any movie or book showing earth uniting against an ‘alien’ invasion is usually a plot by the antichrist spirit to condition humanity to fight against Jesus at his second coming.

Jesus comes from the sky with the armies of heaven

Revelation 19:14 And the armies which were in heaven followed him upon white horses, clothed in fine linen, white and clean.

The antichrist spirit stirs up humans to fight Jesus

Rev 16
And I saw coming out of the mouth of the dragon and out of the mouth of the beast and out of the mouth of the false prophet, three unclean spirits like frogs; for they are spirits of demons, performing signs, which go out to the kings of the whole world, to gather them together for the war of the great day of God, the Almighty.

Rev 19:19 And I saw the beast, and the kings of the earth, and their armies, gathered together to make war against him that sat on the horse, and against his army.

However, movies like the Matrix and I Robot show how to shut down the antichrist computer system

Rev 13
And he doeth great wonders, so that he maketh fire come down from heaven on the earth in the sight of men,

14 And deceiveth them that dwell on the earth by the means of those miracles which he had power to do in the sight of the beast; saying to them that dwell on the earth, that they should make an image to the beast, which had the wound by a sword, and did live.

15 And he had power to give life unto the image of the beast, that the image of the beast should both speak, and cause that as many as would not worship the image of the beast should be killed.

16 And he causeth all, both small and great, rich and poor, free and bond, to receive a mark in their right hand, or in their foreheads:

17 And that no man might buy or sell, save he that had the mark, or the name of the beast, or the number of his name.

I recently started to re-read “The Three Stigmata of Palmer Eldritch” by Philip K. Dick and found it was triggering for the very reasons you stated @Hadeda. When I first read it about 50 years ago it was triggering, but back then I had no idea what triggering or mental illness meant. Now I can see that it is and I have put it aside as something not appropriate for highly suggestible people like myself.

I read “The Eden Express” when I was about 18 or 19, before I had any inkling that I was schizophrenic. The book was written by Mark Vonnegut, the son of famed counter-culture author Kurt Vonnegut. Kurt Vonnegut wrote “Slaughter House 5”, “Welcome to the Monkey House” etc. 'He’s actually written some fascinating books. But “The Eden Express” was about Mark Vonnegut’s slow slide into schizophrenia. I found it very interesting. But I tried reading it again after I was diagnosed and I found I could not handle it. I couldn’t finish it.Hit to close to home.
As a postscript, I learned a few years ago (it might have been from SzAdmin) that he had been given a new diagnosis of Bi-polar and that he might not have ever been schizophrenic.

My sis will find inspiration from people’s personal accounts of what their loved one or they themselves went through with Sz. She will read a lot of very autobiographical stories on this.

I can’t. For the same reason, it hits too close to home. I can’t take those types of books.