(trigger warning )

I have an unhealthy obsession with death. I’m a Hypochondriac big time but I also have paranoia of others and what they can do to me. I think about death every day.

I try to convince myself that I’m okay with regardless of what happens ever death but today I gave myself a panic attack on the thought of me not existing in any way or form after I die .

These thoughts cause me distress, panic and heart palpitations.

Please help

1 Like

I used to be the same and a med increase fixed it. I went from 10mg abilify to 15mg abilify.

2 Likes

I’m on 20 mg daily , I think I need a final increase to the max 30 dose.

1 Like

Sounds like OCD, are you also on an antidepressant?

3 Likes

How long have you been on 20mg ? It didn’t fix the issue overnight for me. It took a while. Maybe give it some more time.

But mention all this to your Doctor.

2 Likes

If you want to die you should reach out we’re nobody.

3 Likes

I’ve been diagnosed with OCD and I am on a SSRI right now. I need to give it time to work on my OCD and increase my Abilify. Only been on on 20 MG for about a month everhopeful.

3 Likes

Abilify can cause panic attack and anxiety. Are you sure these panic attack not from your medicine?

2 Likes

Don’t think it’s from Abilify. it has lowered my paranoia a little bit. Wish it was more.

1 Like

Daze I never said I wanted to die

1 Like

I’m starting to see my final destination through the windshield. It’s not really weighing on me yet. It would be kind of disappointing to die right now, having done so little with my life. You need to figure out something you can dedicate your life to, like maybe writing, or some type of career. Maybe you could start a family. Try to think of something that will take away these morbid thoughts.

5 Likes

Good point… I hate these feelings. They need to change

1 Like

I think about death a lot. I don’t want anyone in my life to die before me. I try to tell myself that it’s not healthy to think that way but it doesn’t really help.
I also want to think there is some kind of afterlife but I’m not too sure about what happens.

2 Likes

I feel you exactly Arlbar. It’s tough

2 Likes

I’ll worry about death in sixty years. Right now I’m more worried about life.

3 Likes

You have eternity to experience death. Try and focus on living everyday you can before that happens. Worrying about the inevitable is wasting the time you actually have.

3 Likes

Seen enough death in my days to have a close relationship with Him. Fact is, ain’t a person on earth who’s gonna make it outta here alive. I accepted that long ago, and genuinely came to peace with it. If I die in 5 minutes, or a bolt of lightning takes me out tomorrow, it will have been my time. Not in a rush to die, but it’s bound to happen eventually. I think if one can conquer anxiety of death, there’s nothing left to be anxious about. A hard thing to do, but also peaceful in its result.

As I see things, I ask myself “What’s the worst that can happen?” No more happiness, but also no more suffering, so in the end, it’s a draw. The real Final Frontier.

3 Likes

Some good points

1 Like

Dude I used to have this all the time. Thoughts of not existing after death would plague me like hell. But most importantly, the greatest fear was of not existing eternally (aka forever).
So I read around a bunch and found out I had a fear of infinity. I also found quite a few other people had this fear, but the number is probably smaller in comparison to other phobias.
Apeirophobia is what it’s called.
Luckily, for me, this fear went away after being put on antipsychotics. Weird, right? It shouldn’t have happened. But maybe it was a kind of delusion, who knows
Perhaps knowing and researching this will help you in some way. Or maybe it’s not about infinity for you

3 Likes

There is nothing to help with fear.

1 Like